Virgin Mobile

Locked Phone

Heavy Hitter

Re: Locked Phone

@JohnJ7 

Thanks anyway. I'm aware of the unlimited plans. Is there a plan I'm unaware of for subscribers who only use their phone on a limited basis?

Agent

At the moment, we only have unlimited plans. You can get more information here at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans.

Heavy Hitter

@RossyC Hello,

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy A6 phone. I'm aware that it will be locked for 12 months. If I decide to sell it to a another VM subscriber or to a private party (who will need to subscribe to VM), I was told by a VM tech support agent via telephone that the warranty will be valid for the buyer. Can you confirm this?

Agent

Hey there, payitforward! Yes, the warranty stays valid. 

Heavy Hitter

@EdmundM Thanks for the prompt reply and confirmation.

Heavy Hitter

Re: Purchasing Phone & Tech Support

@EdmundM et al. Hello. I hope you can provide me with a direct telephone number or other form of contact for tech support so I can order a phone using the credit balance on my account (it is not possible to complete this online). It is no longer possible to reach a live agent via the main number (888-322-1122). Two days ago, I dialed (866-277-6124) which is supposedly the sales department. After approx. 30 mins., I reached an agent who notified me that I needed to order the phone through tech support. After being transferred to tech support, I waited another 30 mins. or so and was able to order a phone.

I wanted to place an order for another phone this afternoon. I dialed the sales number again. After being on hold for 70 mins. a recording indicated that there was a system problem and my request cannot be completed and I was disconnected.

Hence, I hope you can provide me with a direct telephone number or other form of contact for tech support. Thanks.

Agent

Re: Purchasing Phone & Tech Support

Sorry, there's no direct number to contact an agent. You'll need to call the toll free number to get assistance from a live agent or submit the order online.

Heavy Hitter

Closing Account

Hello VM Social Care Agent,

I am closing my account. I understand that I am currently paid up through July 15. Please correct me if I am wrong. Besides notifying you, are there other steps I need to take to officially close the account? I was not able to locate that feature on the web site. I will assume that my phone will remain active through July15. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Bill Lee

Agent

Re: Closing Account

Hello, @payitforward. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help.  -Kira_M.

Whiz Kid

Virgin Mobile locked my new iPhone XS purchased directly from Apple. Don't bring your own phone to this carrier they will lock you into a contract without being upfront about it. Very deceitful behavior from this company.