Virgin Mobile

TIDAL FAQs

100% helpful (1/1)

I already have a TIDAL account

You can still take advantage of the 6 month free trial. Please contact http://tidal.com/us/contact to consolidate your account.

What is TIDAL?

TIDAL allows you to play your favorite songs and discover new artists with tens of millions of songs and videos available completely ad-free. Listen anytime and anywhere in the highest quality audio available.

TIDAL is an artist-owned global music and video streaming platform that brings artists and fans together through unique music and content experiences. TIDAL delivers original content and experiences that no other service is currently able to offer. With a TIDAL subscription you get access to singles, albums and videos, exclusive access to tickets, and VIP experiences that are developed exclusively for TIDAL members.

TIDAL offers 2 levels of service: TIDAL Premium which delivers standard sound quality music and TIDAL HiFi which delivers high-fidelity, CD sound quality music. You can stream TIDAL content via your eligible Virgin Mobile iOS or Android phone, computer, and compatible TV via Internet connected streaming devices. The service is provided by our partner, TIDAL.

For additional information about TIDAL, check the TIDAL Help section on the TIDAL website www.tidal.com or go directly to support.tidal.com

How does the 6 months of complementary TIDAL HiFi on us work?

Starting 09/25/18, all Virgin Mobile customers with a monthly plan and eligible device (Android 5+ and above or iOS 10.3+ and above) can subscribe to get 6 months of TIDAL HiFi free. Current TIDAL subscribers are not eligible. You will get full access to the TIDAL HiFi service at no charge (a saving of $20 per month) for 6 months from the subscription date of the service. During that time, the cost of the service will be paid by Virgin Mobile.

How much does TIDAL cost?

Starting 09/25/18, TIDAL HiFi will be free of charge for 6 months from the initial subscription date.

What will happen at the end of the complementary 6-month period?

At the end of the 6-month period, your subscription to the complementary TIDAL HiFi service will end automatically. You will receive a reminder via text message 30 days and 2 days before your subscription is ending. If you wish to continue with your TIDAL service after the 6-month period, you will be able to subscribe to the $10 TIDAL Premium or $20 TIDAL HiFi add-on that will be available at that time. You can add this service by going to Plans and Usage in My Account and selecting the feature.

You can unsubscribe at any time via My Account (web and smartphone), in store, or by phone (Virgin customer service).

Is the TIDAL service available for all Virgin Mobile plans and devices?

The Free 6 month TIDAL HiFi offer is available to all Virgin Mobile customers on a monthly plan and with an iOS (8.0 and above) or Android (4.0 and above) phone or tablet.

Can I access TIDAL on a computer?

Yes, if your computer has internet access and you have subscribed to TIDAL HiFi and have created a TIDAL account, you can access TIDAL on a computer at tidal.com or by logging in with your TIDAL user ID and password.

How do I subscribe to the TIDAL 6 month complementary offer?

Virgin Mobile customers can add the 6 month trial by going to Plans and Usage in My Account and selecting the TIDAL offer. You will need to sign in to take advantage of the offer.

After subscribing, Android users will receive a text message that will instruct you to download the TIDAL app to complete your registration. iOS users will receive a text message and be directed to a TIDAL page to create a TIDAL account which is necessary to access the TIDAL service, you will then download the app and be automatically signed in.

Will my TIDAL subscription renew automatically every month?

Yes, your subscription will renew every month for the first 6 months at no charge. After that, you will have the option to continue with the $10 TIDAL Premium add-on, or the $20 TIDAL HiFi add-on. You can add this service by going to Plans and Usage in My Account and selecting the feature. You will not be charged for this service after the 6 month complementary trial unless you add it. You can also decide to unsubscribe from any TIDAL add-on at any time. You can unsubscribe via My Account (web and smartphone), in store, or by phone (Virgin Mobile customer service).

How do I unsubscribe from TIDAL?

You can unsubscribe from any TIDAL add-on the same way as for any other add-on, via My Account (web and smartphone), in store, or by phone (Virgin Mobile Customer Care).

How many devices can I simultaneously use to access TIDAL content?

TIDAL can be used on one device at a time.

Does streaming TIDAL music and video use my Virgin Mobile high-speed data allotment?

You can listen to unlimited TIDAL music without using your plan’s monthly high-speed data allotment. However, watching TIDAL music videos will count against your high-speed data allotment.

What kind of video quality does TIDAL offer?

The video quality displayed with TIDAL depends on a variety of factors; in most instances, it will be optimal when you are located in an area with good network coverage (visit virginmobileusa.com/coverage to check coverage) or, when you connect through a Wi-Fi signal. In most instances, the app launches within a few seconds and you can start watching video content. If you are not under these conditions, picture quality may be affected by a variety of factors such as your location, the bandwidth available and/or the speed of your Wi-Fi/Internet connection.

Can I use the TIDAL when I am located outside the US?

Yes in 53 countries. Click here for details and a list of countries. You will need to be on Wi-Fi to use the service internationally.

If I have additional questions about TIDAL, who should I contact?

You can also find additional answers on the TIDAL website at tidal.com. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please call Virgin Mobile Customer Care for additional assistance.

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎09-25-2018 08:31 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors