Virgin Mobile

What is a Data Pack add-on and how does it work?

34% helpful (2/6)

Community-Photos-My-Account-&-Plans.jpg

A Data Pack is an add-on that allows you to increase the amount of data you have access to on your monthly plan. They are available for purchase and expire after 30 days or once you’ve reached your applicable data allowance.

What devices and plans are eligible for a Data Pack?

A Data Pack is available for purchase on all data enabled monthly plans and phones.

How do I add a Data Pack to my monthly plan?

You can add a Data Pack like any other add-on by visiting My Account. Please remember your account must have sufficient funds to cover the cost of the add-on service. This offer is not recurring and you will need to re-purchase/add them to your plan each time they expire (i.e., 30-day period for monthly offer, or data allotment reached) if you want to continue service after they expire.

When I add a data pack, does my base plan data or the data pack get used first?

The Data Pack allotment will be used first and then default to the plan data allotment.

For example, if you are on a monthly plan that includes 2GB of data and you add a 1GB Data Pack, the 1GB allotment included in the Data Pack is used first and then defaults to the 2GB of data included in the plan. You can only have one Data Pack at a time until it is depleted.

How do I view my Data Pack usage?

If you’re some kind of data savant, just run the calculations in your head. Otherwise, view your total data usage online, anytime, by logging into My Account.

Will I get messaged when I'm about to deplete my Data Pack?

Yes, Virgin Mobile will send you a text message if you’re approaching your data threshold.

What happens when I use up my Data Pack?
If you deplete the Data Pack data allotment, your data access will revert to your plan’s data. If you no longer have plan data available, your data access will stop. To regain access, you’ll need to purchase an additional Data Pack through My Account.

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎06-20-2017 08:52 AM
Updated by:
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Labels (1)
Contributors