Virgin Mobile

Ordered New Phone (LG Stylo 4) But Got Used Phone!!!

Heavy Hitter

Ordered New Phone (LG Stylo 4) But Got Used Phone!!!

I was being deceived and Virgin Mobile's dishonest business practices. In my situation, I ordered a new LG Stylo 4 phone but what I received was a used "generic brand", opened box, missing accessory, and the phone was inside a plain white box (non-orginal LG Stylo 4 box). The phone looks as if it was ordered off the Craigslist. First I asked for a new phone replacement, I waited and kept in contact with Virgin Mobile for a month with no solution from Virgin Mobile. After over a month, still no solution so I asked for a full refund but still nothing! I'm not even sure if I will ever get a refund or any kind of result from Virgin Mobile. Anyone out there looking to change phone company then look elsewhere becasue Virgin Mobile is not what it use to be a decade ago with good customer services and the Sprint (Virgin Mobile) network can not be compare to other big company networks. I use to trust and believe VM but after being a customer for over a decade VM did not value my loyalty. Maybe it is time for a new change for me since competition these days are enormous. 

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Ordered New Phone (LG Stylo 4) But Got Used Phone!!!

Hey there @custover10years We apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to review this for you! Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Heavy Hitter

Hi JoyP! One day after I received Virgin Mobile's opened box, non-original LG Stylo 4 phone, used, and missing accessory I contacted VM right away. At first I want a new phone replacement but VM has been escalated this issue til day and still no answer from VM yet! It was VM's fault for stalling the situation for over a month now. So if you want to do the right thing, if you value honesty and your customer's loyalty then please just give me a full refund plus no shipping costs because it was your fault for sending me a used phone, for stalling my time, and waste more of my money. VM should have took care of this issue a long time ago instead of waiting for angry and frustrated customers to complaint at the VM Community Thread.

Heavy Hitter

Update: After I returned the used/refurbished LG Stylo 4 phone back to Virgin Mobile on January 11, 2019 until today still no refund (19 days later) from Virgin Mobile. I was promised that within 7-14 days I will get my refund but it was a lie. I called Virgin Mobile multiple times regarding this but VM's representative told me it will be another 7-10 days before I will see a refund. So from the day I received this used/refurbished phone in late November 2018 to the end of January is over two months and VM still can not resolve my issue with this phone and still need more time. It seems to me like VM just wants to delay time and drain their customers dry before doing something about it. The longer VM delay things the longer I waste money and using my a few years old phone. I need a new phone, better services, better customer services and from a good and honest mobile company.

Agent

We are sorry about the order and the subsequent refund request. I would like to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.

Heavy Hitter

Update 2: A few days later after I complaint at the VM Community, I finally got my full refund for the used/refurbished LG Stylo 4. It took Virgin Mobile two and a half months (~75 DAYS) to finally give me a refund, while Virgin Mobile gives their customers ONLY 7 DAYS TO RETURN THEIR PHONE(S) to VM or else you get nothing/no refund. I had to write countless emails, made countless phone calls, and complaint multiple times on VM Community in order for VM to respond to my need. It was a pain, inconvenient, hassle, bad customer services, ignorance of customer, uncaring of customer, bad experience, and etc. I would not want to go through this kind of bad service again with VM and I would not want anyone else to expericence the same thing that I did.

Heavy Hitter

Update 3:  I'm angry and frustrated! Virgin Mobile ignores me and dalays so much of my time.  After everything that happened with VM, I want out but VM delays me by not giving me my Account and PIN # so I cannot move on to a different mobile carrier without those Acc & PIN #. 

I'm moving my 2nd phone to a different carrier so I would not have to deal with VM's bad customer services and ad network coverage any longer; unfortunately my 1st phone I recently bought from VM will stay with VM for now. This new mobile carrier is newer on the market, have better customer services, have better, broader, wi-fi network coverage, and last but not least you can even use your phone(s) when traveling abroad without switching carriers.

Advice to VM: To keep your customers happy and stay with you longer is by providing good services and customer satisfaction not by delaying and ignoring them!

Agent

Hi, custover10years. We replied to your private message. This is not a live chat. Response time depends on our agent’s availability.

Whiz Kid

Same here.  They said I have to pay to return the phone and they will send the same exact one in the same white packaging without instructions, without a SIM card installed.  I have spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to sort this out with no results.  I am going to switch from Virgin Mobile to Google Fi for a lower price, ability to use the phone (same data rate) outside the U.S.with my old LG Stylo 3 which they have unlocked.  Virgin Mobile has the worst customer service and I will not subject myself to the stress and wasted time with no resulution ever again.  Will be selling the Stylo 4 on Ebay.