Virgin Mobile

Tidal free trial on iPhone sign up

Enthusiast

Tidal free trial on iPhone sign up

If you have an iPhone and added the 6 month trial to your account, and after getting the text link to sign up you get an error saying “oops... you’re not eligible”

1. just download the Tidal app over LTE with WiFi off. (Deleted the app and re-download over LTE if you already have the app on your phone.)

2. Click the heart “my collection” icon at the bottom right of the app screen.

3. Click the gear ⚙️ icon in top right of the app screen

4. Click on “create username” box/line

5. Enter your email address and create your password for tidal

DONE!

(Don’t know why virgin doesn’t just put this in their “Tidal FAQs” page... and their call center is oblivious to this solution; they will “escalate the issue to engineering” which will result in nothing happening.)

You’re all welcome!
7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Tidal free trial on iPhone sign up

I appreciate the post about this and it's helpful - IF I can get to that stage. The problems they are having are more than just this one. Some of us aren't getting the text you are talking about. We successfully add the 6 month free trial to our list of services but yet no text gets generated to us. So, there are a lot of us, myself included, who can't even get to the stage you describe here in your post. But if I get there and have the error issue I'll then remember your instructions, thank you. In the meantime I have been on the phone with Virgin Mobile with no solution. They say someone will call me at some point but nobody ever calls me.

Agent

Hey there @sheisler51 We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Agent

Please try steps below:

1. just download the Tidal app over LTE with WiFi off. (Deleted the app and re-download over LTE if you already have the app on your phone.) 
2. Click the heart “my collection” icon at the bottom right of the app screen. 
3. Click the gear ⚙️ icon in top right of the app screen 
4. Click on “create username” box/line 
5. Enter your email address and create your password for tidal 

Enthusiast

I have tried that over LTE but it doesn’t work for me because I don’t get that text after then Tidal offer is added to my account. That’s the crucial part here. I never get that text. I’ve added the Tidal service to my account around 10 times now but never get the text.
Agent

We just sent you a test text message can you let us know if you received it. 

Whiz Kid

I am also having trouble getting the text message. I've signed up on my account for the Tidal 6 month offer but have never received a text message yet.

Agent

Hey there, cj418336! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.