Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile dishonest business practices

Master

Virgin Mobile dishonest business practices

My family has been with virgin mobile for almost a year now and nothing but empty promises. They do not honor thier iphone warranties and specialize in “bait & switch” tactics, here’s what happened to us.

On the month of Nov we were told by customer service that our plan would be lowered from $50 to $30 with the SAME benefits recieved in out current plan - nothing changing but the price ($10 off $40 w/ automatuc payment)..

Well here we are in December with a $50 charge, a screwed up and overdrawn checking account, and virgin mobile seems to not want to answer our calls as we get hung up on EVERY SINGLE TIME (after waiting 30 minutes.. I thought the wait time was supposed to be only 30 seconds).. SHADY SHADY SHADY company.. Don’t take our word for it though, you can find out on your own.. SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN MOBILE!

I’ll be posting this every single day and as many forums as I can to get the word out on these guys, good luck to the rest of you..

**Edit: It looks like a virgin mobile doesn’t like being called out and deleted my post, so I’ll be posting every hour until this situation is resolved**
5 REPLIES 5
Heavy Hitter

Re: Virgin Mobile dishonest business practices

I know how you feel. I'm in similar situation as you; being deceived and Virgin Mobile's dishonest business practices. In my situation, I ordered a new LG Stylo 4 phone but what I received was a used "generic brand", opened box, missing accessory, and the phone was inside a plain white box (non-orginal LG Stylo 4 box). The phone looks as if it was ordered off the Craigslist. First I asked for a new phone replacement, I waited and kept in contact with Virgin Mobile for a month with no solution from Virgin Mobile. After over a month, still no solution so I asked for a full refund but still nothing! I'm not even sure if I will ever get a refund or any kind of result from Virgin Mobile. Anyone out there looking to change phone company then look elsewhere becasue Virgin Mobile is not what it use to be a decade ago with good customer services and the Sprint (Virgin Mobile) network can not be compare to other big company networks. I use to trust and believe VM but after being a customer for over a decade VM did not value my loyalty. Maybe it is time for a new change for me since competition these days are enormous.

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, custover10years! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN to find out what happened with your order?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Heavy Hitter

Update: After I returned the used/refurbished LG Stylo 4 phone back to Virgin Mobile on January 11, 2019 until today still no refund (19 days later) from Virgin Mobile. I was promised that within 7-14 days I will get my refund but it was a lie. I called Virgin Mobile multiple times regarding this but VM's representative told me it will be another 7-10 days before I will see a refund. So from the day I received this used/refurbished phone in late November 2018 to the end of January is over two months and VM still can not resolve my issue with this phone and still need more time. It seems to me like VM just wants to delay time and drain their customers dry before doing something about it. The longer VM delay things the longer I waste money and using my a few years old phone. I need a new phone, better services, better customer services and from a good and honest mobile company.

Agent

Hello there, @custover10years! Really sorry to hear about this experience. We wish you had your refund earlier. This situation could be due to many factors, but we’re glad to hear that we helped resolving it since you said that you had your refund recently. We hope you don’t have to through this again, we will do our best to help you as quickly as possible in any situation that may occur in the future. Thank you for being a loyal customer to us.

Heavy Hitter

Update 2: A few days later after I complaint at the VM Community, I finally got my full refund for the used/refurbished LG Stylo 4. It took Virgin Mobile two and a half months (~75 DAYS) to finally give me a refund, while Virgin Mobile gives their customers ONLY 7 DAYS TO RETURN THEIR PHONE(S) to VM or else you get nothing/no refund. I had to write countless emails, made countless phone calls, and complaint multiple times on VM Community in order for VM to respond to my need. It was a pain, inconvenient, hassle, bad customer services, ignorance of customer, uncaring of customer, bad experience, and etc. I would not want to go through this kind of bad service again with VM and I would not want anyone else to expericence the same thing that I did.