Virgin Mobile

Where's my Free Loyalty upgrade to 10 GB

Whiz Kid

Re: Where's my Free Loyalty upgrade to 10 GB

I have been a loyal customer for about 12 years and have read about all the others on 5gb plans getting free upgrades to 10gb on the $35 a month, so how come i haven't received this?

Hey there, Deadprez00! We truly apologize you feel this way. The upgrade you are referring to is given randomly to loyal customers. Let's do some investigating! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Whiz Kid

I have a friend who was also upgraded from the $35 for 5 GB plan, she also does not use a lot of data.  I emailed VM (before finding this thread) to ask why I did not receive the offer and the rep said:

The GB upgrade was just for a few selected plans, those people who were 
upgraded, were in $35 monthly plans with 2.5GB or 1GB, only those type 
of retired $35 plans were the ones upgraded up to 10GB. Since you are in
the actual $35 plan with 5GB, the upgrade did not apply.

This is obviously not the case, my friend was not in a grandfathered plan.  She actually moved to Ting in the past few years and came back to sign up for the 5GB for $35 plan so she's not even "loyal"...lol.  The reps on this thread imply the offer is random, it would be nice if they were consistent in their reponse.  Maybe then I wouldn't feel so put out about it.

We are so sorry that happened, Rybecka80. Please give us the opportunity to change it for you! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Whiz Kid

Im the original poster for this thread, and there is a pattern starting to show here.  I complained, and then got an immediate response from the Agents to PM them.  Which I did, and got the vague answer that it is coming.  Well,  its still not here, and 

now the tune seems to be it's only randomly applied, or only certain plans.  I would bet that if there was a poll of all the ones who got the Upgrade,  they would be low data users.  So its a no cost Rave for VM  to give them this upgrade.  While the rest of us who use a lot, or all of the highspeed each month are unlikley to ever get this upgrade.  

Whiz Kid

Had this account/number since 2009. Feel free to reward me lol

Hey there, djeric76! Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate the loyalty. This promotion is by text only and it is for selected loyal customers. We apologize.