Virgin Mobile

online purchase error

Whiz Kid

online purchase error

I was trying to purchase a phone from the website, but the website kept refresh on the billing address comfirming page. I clicked on "complete purchase" botton couple times, but the page always went back to the address comfirming page. Then I checked on my credit card transaction, and it showed that the money was taken every time I clicked on the complete purchase button, and i was charged for totally 8 times. 

3 REPLIES

Re: online purchase error

Have the same problem. It's said to call, but I would weather order online. I have 4 VM accounts and I need to get a new Ipone XR. For a company that big...they shouldnt have this issue. I thought maybe it's becasue of Black Friday. But I'm still have problem.

Agent

Hello there, @wilkersonvirgin! Really sorry to hear about that. Can you please go to the browser settings and clear the cookies and cache so you can try again? Please keep us posted if the problem persists.   

Whiz Kid

This is the exact same thing that's happening to me for the past two days.  I hit purchase and it refreshes the review and complete order page.  I hit it again, it does the same thing.  Next thing I know, my credit card company is asking me if fraudulent activity is ocurring.  I feel like it's a mistake on Virgin's end.  So, I say "yes, it's fraud" because I don't want to be charged twice.  Credit card company now has ended my account and started a new one because of all this; with a freeze on my account until the new card arrives.  I called Virgin support and they said just wait for the pending purchases to go away on the card and basically try again (50 minute call, by the way).  Today, I try again with a different card, different web-browser...same thing.  I see a terrible pattern that I'm starting to just want as far away as I can get from.  Virgin was a great affordable solution.  Now, it's frustration after frustration with no sign of upgrading my phone in sight.  I used to just go to BestBuy to upgrade, but now they don't carry most of the models that are Virgin-ready.  If a solution isn't presented soon, I'm jumping ship.  Terrible online system.  Terrible customer service call.