Virgin Mobile

Access to My Account and Paypal top-up

Agent

Re: Access to My Account and Paypal top-up

If you can't send us a private message, then you'll have to contact customer service at 1-888-322-1122 for assistance. 

Enthusiast

I have now exchanged 9 or 10 private messages with virginmobileusa agents, but I still have the same problem: most times when I click on virginmobileusa to access 'Account' or 'Log-in' I get the message 'Access Denied' or 'Forbidden'. On the rare occasions when I actually reach a log-in page - or even more rarely the 'My Account' page I get the message that my Virgin phone number and Virgin top-up card number are 'invalid Virgin numbers', So I cannot top up my account and now run the risk of losing service. The virginmobileusa agents have made various suggestions about using different networks, browsers, devices etc and I have tried all their suggestions. Nothing works and I am left blocked out of virginmobileusa.

Agent

Hi there virgin-user20. Please allow us to verify your phone number and account. Please send us a private message and we will look into this. Victor21

Enthusiast

I have spent the best part of 3 days on this issue, The problems remain: I get the messages 'Access Denied' or 'Forbidden' most of the time when trying to access the virginmobileusa website plus rejection of 'invalid Virgin numbers' when I manage to access it and the Paypal payment option is no longer available. Over the last several years  I have been able to top up regularly online without any such problems.

Several Virgin Mobile Community agents have made suggestions in private messages - use different devices, browsers, locations, etc - which I have followed up without success. Eventually one of them helpfully topped up my account using the number of a Virgin top-up card which I bought online from Walmart. This solved my immediate problem - without a top-up I would have lost service - but it looks as though I will never be able to top up again online.

Agent

Hi there virgin-user20. We continue to look into the issue with the Paypal option payment. At the moment the option is not available. 

Master

Why can you not just post general answers to general questions right here??  Do you or do you not still take paypal for topping up or do you not?  It's really a very simple question.  And if so, where did you move the option to because it is no longer where it once was.

It's like virgin-user20 says, it's as if you want the solutions to problems to take more time and work then is really needed.

Master

Was there anything helpful in your classified message?  Do they still take Paypal?  Is it located some place else on the app/site then before?  Thanks.

Agent

You must first register PayPal as a payment method on My Account.

1. Select Settings Tab
  2. Select Register a Payment Method
    • Or if a Payment Method is already set up, click on Manage Saved Payment Method select Add PayPal Account button
  3. You can then choose to use PayPal as AutoPay or just to add to wallet
  4. Enter PayPal email address and select Save My PayPal Account button
  5. You will be redirected to PayPal site to log into PayPal Account
  6. Click Agree & Continue
  7. You will be redirected back to My Account
  8. Successful message is displayed “You’ve successfully added a payment method”
  9. PayPal is now a payment method saved in the wallet that can be used in My Account to make a payment and/or top up