Virgin Mobile

Account Balance Wonky, No Money Being Charged

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Account Balance Wonky, No Money Being Charged

Please read ALL of this. I know it takes a litte bit more time to read, but I'm being as thorough as possible now, so that I don't have to play 50 questions later, and just end up repeating everything I've already said here. It's a bit of a complex problem, I think. 

So, my monthly Inner Circle (including $7 phone insurance) plan's payment was supposedly "due" on September 25th (even though my new phone wasn't activated until August 30th). I just activated my new iPhone SE, that I got as part of the $1/year deal if you buy a new phone (which I did, though the Virgin Mobile online store), and prior to that I owned an Android phone that was about 4-5 years old and was on its last legs, with Virgin Mobile. I still had money left over on my Virgin Mobile top-up account. My service has been working, but I'm concerned that it doesn't appear that any money has been taken out, at all. I have money left over from what I had set aside for topping-up for my old phone. The new iPhone SE, as you can probably guess, is the same phone number as my old android with Virgin Mobile. 

Here's the kicker: September 25th rolls around, and my debit card / bank account was never charged the amount that was owed for the month. September 30th rolls around, ditto. Here I am, 14 days later, and still no money has been withdrawn from either my Virgin Mobile account, or my bank account. This just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not sure if there is some kind of mistake being made by Virgin Mobile, or if my account page is simply failing to refresh and show that money was taken out of the left over top-up money set aside. I also called Virgin Mobile's 1-888 number, and checked my balance over the phone (via a robot). It said the same thing, that my balance is the same as it says online, and that  my last payment was due 14 days ago. All the other information on my online account info is correct: phone model, inner circle plan, phone insurance, my payment method. Everything seems like it should be all set. For some reason, though, no money appears to be getting taken out.

So... Is my phone paid for or what? And furthermore, if an accident were to occur with my phone today, is it even being covered by my phone insurance, since it doesn't look like I've paid for phone insurance yet? I'm very worried about this, and I'm appalled that nobody who works for Virgin Mobile has contacted me about my Virgin Mobile account balance at all since I activated my new iPhone SE on August 30th. Is the money just supposed to sit there indefinitely? Hey, not that I'd mind continuing to get phone service for free, but I suspect at some point this is going to turn into a bigger problem than it is now, and I don't want my phone service getting abruptly cancelled over a problem that I didn't create. 

Am I supposed to be reimbursed for my Virgin Mobile account balance, have that set to zero, and have my phone's monthly payments charged to my debit card from here on out? Or is Virgin Mobile supposed to take out money from my account balance until it's empty and then charge my card thereafter?

In addition, I've been getting texts from Virgin Mobile at odd points in my monthly bill cycle saying that my montly payment is coming up... like, 2 weeks after my new cycle starts. And then again, 2 weeks later, from a differnt 6-didget number also saying it's Virgin Mobile and that my phone service is due for another payment. This seems odd to me. I haven't been charged anything in accordance with these texts, but this is really worrying me. I don't want this problem to still be around when it's time for Virgin Mobile to start taking $57 out of my account for the month + phone insurance, and have that happen twice a month instead of once. 

Also, why is it impossible to find a telephone number that will connect me to a customer service representative instead of talking to a machine? This seems like a complex problem that will require more than a chit-chat on a forum to clear up, and I really, really want someone to talk to who will take this seriously. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account Balance Wonky, No Money Being Charged

Hey there, CritterSpigot! So sorry about the trouble, CritterSpigot! Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account? Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there, CritterSpigot! So sorry about the trouble, CritterSpigot! Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account? Thanks!

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @TamHarp! While we expect you to remove your personal info as soon as possible, can you please tell us what can we do for you today?