After transitioning to Boost Mobile, will I have the same exact payment plan?

Whiz Kid

After transitioning to Boost Mobile, will I have the same exact payment plan?

Currently, I have the 500 mb, unlimited talk and text plan through Virgin Mobile. On the Virgin Mobile FAQ, it says that my plan will be switched to something comparable at Boost Mobile. However, after looking at the Boost Mobile website and in their store, I found out that they do not offer anything comparable to my current plan. All their plans are unlimited data plans providing more data that I use and costing more than I am willing to pay. After transitioning, will I still be able to choose exactly the same plan, or a plan at the same price I am paying now? 

If not, do I have the option to switch to another carrier? If I just bought a new iPhone from Virgin Mobile (whether that be 6 months ago or yesterday), am I allowed to switch if I do not like the new Boost Mobile plans offered? I know there is an unlock policy stating I must have the phone for up to 12 months before unlocking. However, I don't think its fair that I will be forced to pay the new Boost Mobile plan (which are all more expensive) for a year before unlocking a phone that I had bought thinking that I will have the plan that I have right now. This is sort of equivalent to having a contract, and in the middle of the contract, monthly plans just increase, but you cannot leave the contract. If we are not given the same exact monthly plan price through Boost, why should there be a policy that my phone cannot be unlocked? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: After transitioning to Boost Mobile, will I have the same exact payment plan?

Hello, @Arjo. Per our Terms and Conditions, if Virgin Mobile makes any changes to the agreement, and you don't like those changes, you have the option to stop using the services, but you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused part of your balance.

Since our phones were designed to work under our service, they're subject to our unlock policy. Once the transition is completed, your phone's activation date will be the same. Since you had the phone for 6 months, you'll need to have the phone active for another 6 months on Boost to unlock it.

We're doing our best to complete the transition as smoothly as possible. We're currently working on different plans you might be able to get. Information about the new plans will be available when you are transitioned to Boost.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Re: After transitioning to Boost Mobile, will I have the same exact payment plan?

You say information about the new plans will be available when we are transitioned to Boost. Why can't we have the information NOW? Something tells me the new plans aren't going to come even close to what we currently have with Virgin Mobile. ALTHOUGH, we have been promised "the same or better." 

Highlighted
Agent

Your new Boost Price Plan will be at the same or lower Monthly cost than what you pay today and will have the same or better features included in the plan.  Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost.