Virgin Mobile

Android customer not wanting iPhone.

Whiz Kid

Android customer not wanting iPhone.

I am a 10+ year customer of VM and I feel jaded by this iPhone only change in policy. I am not comfortable with iPhones and perfer Android. What is gonna happen when I need to get a new VM phone or will I have to change to a new carrier?
8 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Android customer not wanting iPhone.

u should be able to buy a new phone by log

into your my account page 

Whiz Kid

Not true you are only selling iphones.  I am log in righ now and I can't buy any other phones.  Just tell us when are you goint to stop the support for us android users.  so I can prepare to move to another carrier.  Honesty would be appreciate it.  Thanks.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blue2002 our homepage is indeed all iPhone, but you can upgrade an Android phone within your account.

Sign in, go to Device & Support, and you'll see "I want to...Upgrade to a new Android":

Android in my Account.png

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Agent

@Blue2002 Good morning! We're sorry to hear you feel this way. As for our existing Virgin Mobile customers, nothing changes for them. They will continue to receive the same great service and that will never change. Our existing customers can easily upgrade to the Inner Circle offer and we are encouraging them to do so. Also, customers can upgrade their Android devices at participating national retailers, as well as within MyAccount at virginmobileusa.com.  

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

That's great.  You've answered the questions that a lot of us Android users have.  Now, why couldn't you have done a better job of explaining this on the website.  Your marketing guys failed big time here.

Heavy Hitter

Yes, I agree.  I am happy to stick with VM as long as I can continue with the Android.

However, it was not apparent at all from the website that this was even an option for existing users.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We have some more details here, sorry for any confusion!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Whiz Kid

What is going to happen is they migrate you over to Boost Mobile -- or you get fed up and cancel your plan -- see if you can unlock your existing Virgin Mobile phone, and go with another prepaid carrier who gives a **bleep** about the kind of tight-budget Android-loving customers who literally are the foundation of their brand.