BOOST MOBILE LOW PRICE PLAN - $$ FOR 90 DAYS?? - WHAT ARE THE TERMS!!!!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

BOOST MOBILE LOW PRICE PLAN - $$ FOR 90 DAYS?? - WHAT ARE THE TERMS!!!!!

Virgin Mobile's customers on "PayLo" $20 every 90 days plans have no idea what our new terms will be with Boost Mobile. The first customer transfer date is now just over a week away. There is no contract information posted on the Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile websites. This is unreasonable and no way to conduct business!

Kindly post what we will pay - including the new terms of service with Boost Mobile. We keep reading, "Boost mobile is still working out all the details and will notify everyone as needed."

We need to know the contract terms NOW so we can decide whether to choose another carrier.  Stop patronizing us. Put it in writing so we can make an intelligent choice!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
wcj
Enthusiast

Re: BOOST MOBILE LOW PRICE PLAN - $$ FOR 90 DAYS?? - WHAT ARE THE TERMS!!!!!

I have the same plan as you and when I just topped up a few minutes ago with a credit card I was given the option (on the Virgin website) to pay $10 for 45 days, $20 for 45 days or another amount I can't remember.  So my guess is that those will be our options on Boost. I had read in one of their replies to someone else that boost was going to have a plan similar to our plan on virgin so I think that is it. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Agent

Boost does not offer a 45/90 Auto Top Up option so when you transition to Boost you will need to be sure to manually add $10 to your account every 45 days or $20 every 90 days to ensure you account stays active.  In preparation for your transition to Boost, we will be removing this Auto Top Up option from your account on 2/2/20.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Waldo is right. There is not enough information here. I had a similar plan to top-up $20 every 90 days, with low-balance AutoPay added onto that. The letter from VirginMobile today says to enroll either in 'Low Balance AutoPay' OR 'Manual Payment'. I enrolled (I think...) - the site isn't very clear -- in AutoPay (top-up $10 when balance is below $5).  Then it says 'you still must pay every 90 days' -- pay WHAT?? $10 ? $20 ? Do I have to do it manually even though I'm enrolled in Low Balance AutoPay? 

Highlighted
Agent

You will need to manually top-up your account. 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

How much will I have to top up?

Highlighted
Agent

You need to add $10 to your account every 45 days or $20 every 90 days to ensure you account stays active.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

As far as the merge goes, I was told I didn't have to do anything, that the transition would be done automatically. Reading what others are saying has me worried now.

You won't need to do anything. The transition will be made automatically. Customers will be moved to a comparable (equal or better) Boost Plan  starting on 2/6/2020.