Being switched to boost

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Being switched to boost

So I got a text about VM being switched over on January 27, and to this day I haven't gotten a text about if my number, or service is fully switched over. I want to know if I was switched but, I can't seem to find out from a boost employee. If my stuff is switched over, how can I check? I was about to buy a new phone from them and didn't want a headache when it came time to bringing my number over. I've been with VM for a long time now. This is my first and only service that I used. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Re: Being switched to boost

Tomorrow is my last day on VM.  I go to Boost on the 10th.  I got a text yesterday telling me this.  That's my experience.  Not happy about it cause I got 10GB/mo & unlimited everything for $35/mo on VM & I'll be downgraded to the 3GB/mo $35mo plan on Boost.  We were told it'd be a plan equal to or greater for the same cost.  Got 3 lines on VM.  May be heading to AT&T.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Wait, you got that?! I only have 5GB of Data and unlimited call/text. For.. $35 a month. Are you serious about that from Boost? Have you contacted anyone about that? Because that's.. Not fair at all. Seems like someone lied on the details about it being equal.. 

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Yes I'm serious & quite unhappy.  The 10GB plan was for users with several lines.  I'm gonna wait for the transfer & see  if it's addressed then but it's definitely unsettling for the VM faithful.  BTW, If you need to force your switch early you're supposed to be able to call Boost & they can do it.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there! Thanks for contacting us. We identified an issue with the your High Speed Data Allotment after we transitioned you to Boost. The $35 plan you were transitioned to on Boost only included less GBs of High Speed Data compared to the 10GB you were receiving on Virgin Mobile.  We are working to correct this issue and should have your High Speed Data Allotment increased to 10GB by 2/15.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Thanks. That'd be awesome!

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

This is almost my exact same situation. I've gotten texts from VM saying I would be transferred soon but nothing else since. I'm just waiting around now, I want to buy a new phone from Boost soon so I hope this gets resolved! 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

My husband and I are both on the $35.00 with 10 GB data plan.  We're very nervous that boost will only give us the 3GB plan which will not work for us.  Please post here what happens with your plan.  My new month starts the 28th. I would like to hear your experience with boost.  I saw the response from the agent that your data should be increased in a few days but I won't believe it till I see it. 

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Roger that.  I trust & expect that JohnJ7 & Sprint to do as they say they will.  I know we are not the only ones with multiple lines & the 10GB $35/mo plan on Virgin Mobile so don't worry to much about it.  They have made it public that they are aware of the problem & are working to fix it.  I really appreciate it & hope others do as well.  If they can't or don't make good then we'll have two options, one of which we know but the other is the $80/mo Boost Mobile plan for 2 lines with 12GB per line & hotspot included.  It would be $10/mo more for you that way but the hotspot feature is nice.  I plan to keep the $35/mo 10GB/mo plan for the one affected line & switch atleast one line to the $60 per month plan to make up for the Mobile Broadband going away because of the VM/Boost transition.  That 30GB/mo hotspot capable plan has me smiling personally & even with that my monthly expenditure will actually decrease post-transition.  The grass may be greener on the other side & we'll find out post-transition.  Look forward to reporting back to you, your husband, & everyone else reading this "from the other side" with my 10GB/mo $35/mo plan intact shortly.  Thanks

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Man, I really appreciate all the replies. I wasn't expecting it.. Really. But, however they never replied to my op.. Which concerns me a bit. I've been with VM for a good while.. Always had issues resolved pretty fast but, if the whole switch to boost is this bad.. Then I might stop the service in full. My next month starts in March, but I'm thinking of just switching to someone else. This all seems a bit.. Fishy. I don't know, I was hoping for a member of the support team, or.. Company to actually reply but -- this just doesn't sit right with me.