Boost and min2min plan balance

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Boost and min2min plan balance

I'm on the min2min plan and have been for many years. When the Boost transfer happens, what plan will I be on? Due to low usage, I pay a very low amount on min2min - just enough to keep the phone active - but Boost's cheapest plan seems to be $35/mo and there is no PAYG option as far as I can tell. What's going to happen with my account, and what's going to happen to the $$ in my balance? Will I get that back, or is Virgin Mobile just going to keep my money? Thanks in advance for any information.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Boost and min2min plan balance

Hello, @mfncooper.  Thank you for stopping by. The balance on your account will be transferred to the Boost Mobile account. At the moment, Boost Mobile doesn't have a pay as you go plan. However, they are in the process of building a plan to accommodate the pay as you go customers. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have an auto pay $35 unlimited plan that I've had for over a decade.  I had to log in to my account because my montlhy fee went up $3 and I was trying to discover why, and I discover that VM is kicking me to Boost (I never received any notification in any form)

What the heck is going on?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Sid_Ceaser. Thank you for stopping by. Virgin Mobile USA service will be discontinued, and we are happy to announce that most of the existing Virgin Mobile customers will be transferred to our sister brand, Boost Mobile beginning in February. You will be transferred to a comparable service plan at no extra cost to you.  In fact, since Boost Mobile accounts have taxes and fees included, customers will end up paying less than you do now on similar plans. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I just logged in to my account this morning because when I was balancing my checkbook my monthly fee went up to $38.20.  This is the first time I've seen that new fee, I wasn't alerted about it, and I had no idea that VM was merging with Boost - I received no email, wasn't contacted.

Is my new price with Boost now $38.20 a month?  

This is terrible.

Highlighted
Agent

Please send us a private message to further assist you. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks, @Kira_M, but I've decided to jump ship. Aside from your input here, the handling of this transition by Virgin Mobile has been dreadful. They have not provided any information for min2min users, nor any information about an upcoming PAYG plan. It is impossible to reach them by phone - I tried somewhere between 30 to 40 times and never got past a busy tone - and they did not respond to a ticket filed a week ago. I can understand that they're busy, but they *knew* they would be busy after the announcement, and should have been prepared to handle that.

My min2min plan was very inexpensive for me - little beyond what I had to put in to keep the account active. I have very little faith that any new plan that Boost invents now will have anything close to rates that low. So I have abandoned Virgin Mobile / Boost Mobile and transferred to another provider. It will not be quite as inexpensive, but close, and their customer service is excellent. I was with Virgin Mobile for 16 years, but in the end they have pushed me away.

Heavy Hitter

I'm thinking those who don't jump ship before the merge will eventually be told by Boost Mobile "Sorry...we are unable to offer a PAYGO/PAYLO plan at this time." I'm not waiting around for that to happen. I'm jumping ship, cancelling my account, and finding a new provider. Even if I have to pay 3 times as much. I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for 14 years. Virgin Mobile has been very vague about EVERYTHING. People are asking the same questions over and over because the answers to their questions are very vague. Virgin Mobile agents are saying over and over again "Your new Boost Price Plan will be at the same or lower Monthly cost than what you pay today and will have the same or better features included in the plan. Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost." Yet they keep saying Boost Mobile doesn't have a PAYLO plan. Taking my business elsewhere.

Highlighted

Hey there, Callastats! We apologize you feel this way. Though identical plans with the same exact features will be created on Boost for customers with this kind of plan.