Buy a VM phone, and then sell it and keep using my old phone ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
FRD

Buy a VM phone, and then sell it and keep using my old phone ?

Can I buy a VM phone with my account balance which is pretty large, and keep using my old phone and just sell the new phone ? IF SO, could the new phone work on any carrier or just or just needs to be sold to another person who uses VM as their carrier ? Is this possible to do ?

3 REPLIES
Super Star

Re: Buy a VM phone, and then sell it and keep using my old phone ?

all phone sold are locked to virgin for one 1 yr and only certain phone can be bought with account balance and yes u can sell the phone if u want 

FRD

Thank you Green...to be clear, I can buy some certain phone(s) with my account balance, keep using my old phone, and turn around and sell the new one immediately, BUT for one year it will only work if the buyer has a VM account .... Correct ? After a year that "new" phone will work through any carrier....do I have that all correct ?? Thank you.

Agent

Hello. Cash balance can be used for the purchase of a device up to a $400 maximum.

- NO Apple products - Cash balance cannot be used for any Apple devices no matter what price.To use your account balance to purchase a device, you'll need to contact our customer service number because this option not available on the website.

General Eligibility for Unlocking

Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking (domestic unlock) a device under the following circumstances:

The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

- E.J.