Can I transfer account balance to my second VM phone?

Enthusiast

Can I transfer account balance to my second VM phone?

I have an old pay as you go  kyocera flip phone that was on auto pay, but the account was newly charged every 3 months, rather than the payments being deducted from the balance.   I would like to transfer the remaining balance to my iphone prior to the changeover to Boost, or buy a new phone with the balance.  I sent an email but got no reply.  I've been trying to send a private message, but my browser doesn't give me the option to contact anyone. after I click a customer service person's profile.  It says "contact me" but nothing happens.  Please help! Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Re: Can I transfer account balance to my second VM phone?

Spoiler
additional info -- I finally was able to send a customer service message -- no idea if that person is even available, but the send message option  finally showed up -- unlike the other 8 names I tried.  Would appreciate some clarification as to what can be done with my account balance, as it is almost $300.  Can money be added to it to buy a new phone?  Will the phone be locked to Virgin, which is no longer offering service?   Can the balance transfer to my another VM account?   Please advise.
Agent

Hello, @artwire. We have answered your questions through PM. If you have anything else we can assist you with, feel free to let us know.

Enthusiast

I find it astonishing that you have almost $300 of my money on account, and VM is now saying that the balance cannot be transfered to another phone number (my second VM account) -despite the fact  that the phone with a balance is probably too old to even use with the new Boost service--  nor am I able to use the accrued funds to purchase a new phone (if it is an apple device).  This feels like an extremely unreasonable stance, given that you're basically going out of business, and presumably your new owners want to keep as many customers as they can. Better business practice suggests that efforts should be made to accommodate users who are not only inconvenienced by this situation, but who have been loyal customers in the past. Surely some sort of accommodation can be made.