Can’t Port to a different carrier

Whiz Kid

Can’t Port to a different carrier

I’m trying to transfer service over to a different carrier. I tried to get my account number from you guys over the phone, which was a hassle, but I eventually got it. Problem is, the new SIM card from my new carrier doesn’t work when I insert it - it gives me an error message that reads, “SIM not supported: the SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.” As far as I’m aware, my phone is unlocked - I paid for it in full. So my guess here is that the information is wrong, like the account number or PIN. Please help me out here.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Can’t Port to a different carrier

Hey there, Ejnielsen1! Was your device purchased directly from us? 

Highlighted

Re: Can’t Port to a different carrier

I understand your frustration, Ejnielsen1. Please send me a private message to further assist you. 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".