Virgin Mobile

Can't access account or phone

Whiz Kid

Can't access account or phone

Hi Virgin Mobile,

I wanted to transfer my account to your company, so I bought a new iPhone XR from your website. It arrived on Tuesday, 6/4, and I started the activation process on Wednesday, 6/5.

On 6/5 at 7 pm (West Coast time), I went through the activation process, sign up for the 5 GB a month plan, and filled out all the form to transfer my number from my previous carrier, Verizon. The website said it would take 10-15 minutes, but possibly up to a few hours.

6/6 6:00 am: I call your customer service and am told that there was a problem with the porting process. She loops in Verizon and we get my number transferred. She said my phone would be active in 10-15 minutes.

6/6 7:30 am: My phone is not active so I call customer service back. The man says that my new phone hasn't been activated and it will take 2-4 more hours.

6/6 12:00 pm: I check my account on your website and get a notice that I am blocked. I call customer service and am told there's no record of any attempt to activate my phone. They need all the information from my box again. However, I'm at work and didn't bring the box with me.

6/6 6:00 pm: I check my account online, but receive an error message. I try tweeting with your customer service, but they ask for my cell number so they can text me. However, I now have two useless phones, so I can't text! I call customer service, provide all the information to activate my device. I am told it will take another 2-4 hours to transfer. When I ask why it will take so long, they offer to call me back to give me status updates. I decline that since I have a volunteer commitment and need to leave the house.

6/7 6:00 am: I check my account online, but receive an error message. I call customer service. When I ask to be transferred to a supervisor because the first level hasn't been helpful before, I am hung up on.

6/7 6:10 am: I call customer service. They escalate me to Sprint who has no records of my attempts to activate the phone, however he sees that I am on the unlimited data plan, which I never sign up for. I am told it's going to take 24 hours to activate the phone. When I ask for an explanation why, I am hung up on.

6/7 6:30 am: I call customer service. I am told that my phone has been activated but the number hasn't been ported over. It will be 7 hours until I will be able to use my phone. She apologizes for the errors made by your staff (the first one to do so), but has no explanation for why nothing has been done and why it will take 7 more hours.

Why do I get the feeling that my phone won't work in 7 or 24 hours?

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Can't access account or phone

So sorry to hear about this experience, mbdfromnc. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.