Virgin Mobile

Can't send text

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Can't send text

I have an LG X Style that I got about a year ago and I have never been able to send outgoing texts. I can receive incoming texts but if I try to reply to one or send any outgoing text I get the message "You are not allowed to send text messages. MSG 2120/"

I am on the VirginmobileUSA plan. Apparently I inadvertently activated a block on my outgoing messages when I set up my account on the new phone and there is no way to unblock it from the phone, the Virgin App or the virginmobileusa website.I have looked on the message boards and I can find no way to deacitvate the block remotely. What do I need to do to be able to send the text messages that I am entitled to send, as I SHOULD have unlimited text service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Can't send text

Hi, NokSoo. We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Hi, NokSoo. We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem...I can receive text messages but I can't send text messages. When I try to send a message I get a message from:9230 You are not allowed to send text messages. MSG 2120. Please help!

Agent

Hey there, @LauraJ! Thanks for contacting us. It seems to be that your phone is blocked from sending text messages. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin, we'd like to take a closer look at this matter! Smiley Happy

Whiz Kid

How do I send a private message? @MarcosG

Agent

You just need to click on my name, then select the option that says "Send this user a private message" , @LauraJ

Whiz Kid

I'm having thesame problem too. I can recieve text messages, no problem. But when I try to send a text message, I get the same error.

"You are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120"

How do I fix this problem?

Agent

Really sorry to hear that, @bcharney64. We'd like to take a closer look at this. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to do some investigating?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Enthusiast

I've been sending texts out but not receiving any response. It turns out not only are my texts not going out, I'm not receiving texts. My plan allows me 500 text and I'm only half way through my month. When I try to acess my text history all it says is N/A and a 0 is in the text box. There is no way I've sent/received 35 text messages per day which is what this averages out to. The odd thing is I did not have any notification the texts weren't being sent...it just said sending. Help!!!!

Agent

Hey there @jksk991. We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.