Virgin Mobile

Can't swap phones

Whiz Kid

Can't swap phones

I am trying to swap my account from my current phone to a new J7 Refine that I just received but when I try to go through the steps on my phone it doesn't work. I also tried to activate it via the web site on my computer and it didn't work there either. I've never had this problem when switching my account to a new phone in the past.

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Can't swap phones

Hi there! Definitely want to look into this for you. Did you purchase the phone from our website?

Whiz Kid

Yes, I did.

Agent

Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

You are not alone here. Trying to swap from my iPhone SE to the LG Stylo 4 with no luck. Virgin mobile is getting on my nerves since they have a really weak set up with their activation process. Their website is absolute garbage. I've been waiting on an email response for over 24 hours and I'm getting annoyed. 

Agent

Hi there, @ac3UVspad3s! We definitely want to get this figured out for you ASAP. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI of the new phone and the ICCID/SIM card number. 

Whiz Kid

I spent 5 hours today trying to do the same thing...to swap my old VMUsa LG Volt with my newly VMUsa LG Stylo 4. I keep getting the "embarassing issue" message and prompts to call the 888#. IF I COULD MAKE CALLS I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN RID OF MY OLD PHONE! For nearly a month I've had nothing but trouble with my formerly wonderful VMUsa. Dropped calls, unable to hold a WiFi signal for more than a hot minute, and the last few days no service at all, despite the fact that their colorful coverage map shows me in a great area, and despite that fact that for the previous 2 years I've had no service problems at all at my home. When I was able to use Facebook Messenger, I was told that because it wasn't secure we would need to switch to phone assistance (HELLOOOO, that's a problem!) or texting (which won't go through without service either). I'm exhausted. To make matters worse I have no heat in my house and have been unable to make or receive phone calls from repair companies for help. I'm afraid that after all these years I'm going to have to go elsewhere.

Agent

Hey, De1trblu. That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this. We'd like to look into this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to review this?

Whiz Kid

I am also having issues swapping my LG Tribute for an iPhone SE but cannot get through the activation online.  Very frustrating and ready to move to another carrier.

Agent

Hi, jjgallup! Let's do some investigating. Is it a Virgin Mobile or an unlocked iPhone SE?