Cant activate my new phone, not sure whats going on

Whiz Kid

Cant activate my new phone, not sure whats going on

I can't activate my new phone and do not have an old number to use

6 REPLIES 6
Whiz Kid

Re: Cant activate my new phone, not sure whats going on

to be more specific

I keep getting this message when I get to the page trying to set up a new phone number; I enter in my date of birth and the message "the response you entered is not recognized. please try again." I cannot do anything past this point and am not able to activate the phone. Frustrating.

Agent

Hi, JoeR. So sorry about the trouble! We'd love to assist you today. Have you tried to activate your phone using a different browser or device?

Whiz Kid

I am running in to the same problem and i have used multiple devices and multiple browsers

Agent

HI there, @currendevin! Are you trying to activate a new Virgin Mobile device on a new account? Do you have an active Virgin Mobile account? What's the make and model of the phone? Where did you purchase it? Are you getting any specific error message? 

Whiz Kid

i am activating it on my already active account. the account is active. the new phone is an iphone 8. i purchased the phone off the virgin mobile website. im not getting an error i am going through the activation process and after the option to either change or keep your phone number, i choose to keep my number and it goes to a loading screen and never progresses

Agent

Thanks for that information. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the new iPhone, and the ICCID/SIM card number to assist you with the activation.