Virgin Mobile

Changing phone number

Changing phone number

Years ago you could change your phone number online yourself for free every 24 hours can you do this still with any phone plan?
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Changing phone number

Hello Jenniferlcarter!

Thank you so much for contacting us today. We'd love to help.

You can change your phone number through our website. You would need to log in into your account and go to Device and Support.

1. Click Change Phone Number.
  2. Enter the ZIP code for the area where you make most of your calls and we'll check your coverage.
  3. Click Submit. Confirmation of Sprint coverage displays.
  4. Click Change My Number.

If anything else is needed, please let us know. We're here to help. ^Paola P.

SD
Enthusiast

That would be nice if it actually worked! But by reading some messages here, it hasn't been working for long time, and hasn't been fixed yet! Tried a few days ago on several different browsers. The only thing I get is an error message: "Please try again later. (Application processing error)"

Agent

Hey there, @SD! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN so we can further assist you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Enthusiast

Been trying to change it all day. Tried every trick in the book and still getting the "application processing error". It's ridiculous! About to change all of our phone accounts back to a service where the shopping cart actually works online and you can change a phone number when you want to. 

Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, @Ferndok. Let check this thing out. Are you trying to change the number through the website or through the My Boost app? If online, have you tried using a different browser? Can you please clear the cookies, cache and browser history, then try again? Please, let us know if the problem persists.

Enthusiast

As previously indicated "tried every trick in the book"

Agent

Understood. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".  

Agent

Thanks. We'll be able to change the number through our end. Would you like to keep the same area code? If not, please let us know which area code you'd like to have.

Note: Please, keep in mind that we can only select the area code. The rest of the 7 digits will be generated by the system.

Enthusiast

Please change the area code because we are up near New York for work the next couple weeks and the service is absolutely horrible for Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia no matter where we are. Please use area code 07109 for the new number.

Thank you!