Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

UPDATE 3:

In light of Hurricane Irma, Data Done Right and Custom mobile phone service will continue through 9/14/17. However, the last day to keep your device and number was 8/31/17. Call us at 1.888.322.1122 to start new service.

UPDATE 2:

In light of Hurricane Harvey, Data Done Right and Custom mobile phone service will continue through 9/8/17. However, in order to keep your device and number, you will still need to migrate before 8/31/17 10PM CST - Call us at 1.844.680.3922

UPDATE 1:

All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 8/31/17 10pm CST to keep your phone number and avoid losing service. Call us at 1.844.680.3922

Can I keep my current phone and phone number? 

Yes, if you migrate to a Data Love plan by 8/31/17. We will establish a new account for you, port your current phone number and set up your existing phone.

-After 8/31/17, you will need to set up a brand new account, with a new number, on a new phone, in order to continue service with Virgin Mobile.

-From 9/1/17 - 9/30/17 we are offering a LG Tribute HD for $1. To learn about this offer, call us at 1.888.322.1122. You will need to identify yourself as a Data Done Right/Custom customer and also provide the email adress on your account.

Does moving from Data Done Right to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan change my billing cycle?

Yes, your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

What about my account balance?

Any funds left on the account can be transfered if you call 1.844.680.3922 by 8/31/17, to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan. After 8/31/17 funds will be forfeited, per the Terms and Conditions.

----------------------------------------

We understand that you may have questions about the end of our Data Done Right plan, and what that means for you, your phone and your service. We've assembled key info in this post, but if you have further questions about your account, feel free to reach out to the Virgin Mobile Customer Experience team

…on Facebook Messenger:

facebook-messengerSCALED.png

…or via Twitter DM:

twitter_dm_button_2SCALED.png

-The VM Community Team

———————————————

Why did I receive an offer to change my Virgin Mobile service from my Data Done Right plan to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan? Can I just keep my Data Done Right plan?

We've updated our offers to provide the best value to our customers. As part of this offer refresh, we’re discontinuing the Data Done Right plan. All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 5/31/17 to avoid losing serviceBut don’t worry—we can set you up on a new plan with even more of the things you love.

Want to buy a new phone? Great! Check your email for a great offer, or go to virginmobileusa.com.

Prefer to keep your phone? No problem. Give us a call at 1.844.680.3922 and we’ll switch you over to a Data Love plan in just a few minutes.

Does moving from Data Done Right to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan change my billing cycle?

Most likely. Your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

Can I keep my current phone number?

In most cases, your phone number can be transferred to your new phone for use with your Virgin Mobile Data Love plan. If your number is eligible for transfer, you'll need to keep your Data Done Right service active until the process is complete. You'll also need the following information to complete the transfer process from your Data Done Right phone to your new phone:

• Data Done Right account holder's name and billing address

• Data Done Right account number [same as the phone number] and PIN or password

If you need assistance during this process, reach out to our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922.

Do I need to port my phone number when I activate a new phone on a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan or can I get a new number?

It's up to you! We’re happy to set you up with a new phone number or transfer your existing phone number.

Any funds left on the account after Data Done Right service ends will be forfeited unless you call Customer Care to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

UPDATE 2:

In light of Hurricane Harvey, Data Done Right and Custom mobile phone service will continue through 9/8/17. However, in order to keep your device and number, you will still need to migrate before 8/31/17 10PM CST - Call us at 1.844.680.3922

UPDATE 1:

All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 8/31/17 10pm CST to keep your phone number and avoid losing service. Call us at 1.844.680.3922

Can I keep my current phone and phone number? 

Yes, if you migrate to a Data Love plan by 8/31/17. We will establish a new account for you, port your current phone number and set up your existing phone.

-After 8/31/17, you will need to set up a brand new account, with a new number, on a new phone, in order to continue service with Virgin Mobile.

-From 9/1/17 - 9/30/17 we are offering a LG Tribute HD for $1. To learn about this offer, call us at 1.888.322.1122. You will need to identify yourself as a Data Done Right/Custom customer and also provide the email adress on your account.

Yes, your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

Any funds left on the account can be transferred if you call 1.844.680.3922 by 8/31/17, to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan. After 8/31/17 funds will be forfeited, per the Terms and Conditions.

Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
40 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

How do we switch our phone number from a data done right plan to a ulimited plan? My accouns uses a user name and password to log on and when i go to the actvation page it doesn't give me that option. It has a link to log into data done right but once i log in it just takes me to my acount.I actually had to pay for another month of data done right today because of this so i wouldn't lose my number.

Community Manager

@usmaels sorry for the issues you ran into on the web!

Please contact our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922, and they will help get your account and plan switched over.

-Be

Whiz Kid

Be prepared to sit on hold for at least an hour or more. I thought I would mention it (not as a gripe) but just to prepare you for the wait. With so many people calling to switch over from DDR to Data Love, you will wait. I called 2 times where I sat on hold for 45 minutes to an hour... I had to give up because well I have a job and family and can't just hang out on hold forever =[    Last night I was on hold for about an hour when I finally got a person. The process itself took at most 20 minutes (might have taken less if it weren't for the heavy accent that was hard for me to understand). The customer service rep was helpful and got me all set up with minimal issue

Whiz Kid

On Friday morning 8:30 a.m. took payment from credit card. 9:30 a.m. recieved two e-mails from virgin mobil. 1) thanking me for payment. 2) I have 6 days to change my plan to a data love plan or I will no longer have service. It was nice to see they also offered me in the same e-mail a 100.00 dollars off of a new phone code and also said they were giving a free months service a 45.00 value. NICE! . Spent the next 2 hours waiting on phone to get the data love plan set up. asked about code for 100.00 off new phone he answered, Asked about free months service he answered. I also recieved a text message about the 40.00 added to my account. opened my account and the payment the took for the data done right plan has dissappred. they cannot take that.

Whiz Kid

Listen you idiots I have been on hold for over one hour and now the phone is dead silent.  This is the fourth time I have tried to contact you regaurding this Data Done Right issue and I am getting nowhere fast.  I have had this service since 2005 and my son had it over three years before that and we have never been treated this poorly.  I don't want to change services but it looks to me like you want me as well as hundreds of others to leave.  I need to get in touch with your office as my monthly payment is soon due, I live on a fixed income so I can not afford a new phone or to change service but I will if I have to.  I have tried and tried to get through, tell you what hire more then two people to answer your calls.  Idiots no other word to explain what you peole are doing and how you are handling this issue.

Whiz Kid

I just sat on hold for over 2 hours and never spoke to anyone. How am I supposed to switch plans before losing service on 5/31 if no one answers. Please help!!

Be wrote:

We understand that you may have questions about the end of our Data Done Right plan, and what that means for you, your phone and your service. We've assembled key info in this post, but if you have further questions about your account, feel free to reach out to the Virgin Mobile Customer Experience team

…on Facebook Messenger:

facebook-messengerSCALED.png

…or via Twitter DM:

twitter_dm_button_2SCALED.png

-The VM Community Team

———————————————

Why did I receive an offer to change my Virgin Mobile service from my Data Done Right plan to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan? Can I just keep my Data Done Right plan?

We've updated our offers to provide the best value to our customers. As part of this offer refresh, we’re discontinuing the Data Done Right plan. All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 5/31/17 to avoid losing serviceBut don’t worry—we can set you up on a new plan with even more of the things you love.

Want to buy a new phone? Great! Check your email for a great offer, or go to virginmobileusa.com.

Prefer to keep your phone? No problem. Give us a call at 1.844.680.3922 and we’ll switch you over to a Data Love plan in just a few minutes.

Most likely. Your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

Can I keep my current phone number?

In most cases, your phone number can be transferred to your new phone for use with your Virgin Mobile Data Love plan. If your number is eligible for transfer, you'll need to keep your Data Done Right service active until the process is complete. You'll also need the following information to complete the transfer process from your Data Done Right phone to your new phone:

• Data Done Right account holder's name and billing address

• Data Done Right account number [same as the phone number] and PIN or password

If you need assistance during this process, reach out to our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922.

Do I need to port my phone number when I activate a new phone on a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan or can I get a new number?

It's up to you! We’re happy to set you up with a new phone number or transfer your existing phone number.

Any funds left on the account after Data Done Right service ends will be forfeited unless you call Customer Care to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan.

Enthusiast

I have been trying to get an issue resolved since last week. every single day, I get an email from virgin mobile telling me my data done right plan is ending and they give me a code to save a $100 off a phone when I purchase it from regular virgin mobile. when I try to use the code, it doesn't work and I get the same code the next day. when I call customer service, they say they'll make a ticket and call back within 24h but they don't. they say it's a known problem but don't know when it will be fixed. so I call back again, they say go to the website directly from the link in the email and of course the code still does not work. they tell me to try a different browser and of course the code still doesn't work. then they tell me the code works when they use it but no, I can't use the phone with them over the phone which leads me to believe they are lying...if the code worked for them, it would be too easy to just do it over the customer service line. then they tell me to contact data done right and ask for another code and of course no one is there. I have been with virgin mobile for over 10 years and this the way they treat their customers? is this a joke? do they think I do not value my time and have nothing better to do than call their customer service back over and over to "not get" answers and to sit around waiting for a call back that never comes? seriously. this is another virgin mobile mess/game with no answers.  very disappointed.

Whiz Kid

I agree with you. I spent 2 hours on the phone today just to be told I had to be transferred to another department. Waited another 2 1/2 hours to be told to use the website. When I explained I couldn't. I was told there was nothing they could do. It looks like I will be going with metropcs 2 free Samsung galaxy j3 and 2 lines for $50. I have been a loyal customer since 2005. I work in a call center there is no good excuse for this with all the customers you all have. Hire more people or find a 3rd party vendor to do your jobs better than you can!!!

Whiz Kid

I can't get ahold of anyone on the phone.
My phone will by unusable in 2 days. I also have six minutes left on my calling, and don't have access to another phone to contact customer service with. If they answered.