Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

We understand that you may have questions about the end of our Data Done Right plan, and what that means for you, your phone and your service. We've assembled key info in this post, but if you have further questions about your account, feel free to reach out to the Virgin Mobile Customer Experience team

…on Facebook Messenger:

facebook-messengerSCALED.png

…or via Twitter DM:

twitter_dm_button_2SCALED.png

-The VM Community Team

———————————————

Why did I receive an offer to change my Virgin Mobile service from my Data Done Right plan to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan? Can I just keep my Data Done Right plan?

We've updated our offers to provide the best value to our customers. As part of this offer refresh, we’re discontinuing the Data Done Right plan. All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 5/31/17 to avoid losing serviceBut don’t worry—we can set you up on a new plan with even more of the things you love.

Want to buy a new phone? Great! Check your email for a great offer, or go to virginmobileusa.com.

Prefer to keep your phone? No problem. Give us a call at 1.844.680.3922 and we’ll switch you over to a Data Love plan in just a few minutes.

Does moving from Data Done Right to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan change my billing cycle?

Most likely. Your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

Can I keep my current phone number?

In most cases, your phone number can be transferred to your new phone for use with your Virgin Mobile Data Love plan. If your number is eligible for transfer, you'll need to keep your Data Done Right service active until the process is complete. You'll also need the following information to complete the transfer process from your Data Done Right phone to your new phone:

• Data Done Right account holder's name and billing address

• Data Done Right account number [same as the phone number] and PIN or password

If you need assistance during this process, reach out to our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922.

Do I need to port my phone number when I activate a new phone on a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan or can I get a new number?

It's up to you! We’re happy to set you up with a new phone number or transfer your existing phone number.

What about my account balance?

Any funds left on the account after Data Done Right service ends will be forfeited unless you call Customer Care to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
3 REPLIES

Re: Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

How do we switch our phone number from a data done right plan to a ulimited plan? My accouns uses a user name and password to log on and when i go to the actvation page it doesn't give me that option. It has a link to log into data done right but once i log in it just takes me to my acount.I actually had to pay for another month of data done right today because of this so i wouldn't lose my number.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@usmaels sorry for the issues you ran into on the web!

Please contact our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922, and they will help get your account and plan switched over.

-Be

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.

Be prepared to sit on hold for at least an hour or more. I thought I would mention it (not as a gripe) but just to prepare you for the wait. With so many people calling to switch over from DDR to Data Love, you will wait. I called 2 times where I sat on hold for 45 minutes to an hour... I had to give up because well I have a job and family and can't just hang out on hold forever =[    Last night I was on hold for about an hour when I finally got a person. The process itself took at most 20 minutes (might have taken less if it weren't for the heavy accent that was hard for me to understand). The customer service rep was helpful and got me all set up with minimal issue