Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

@s0nicfreak

How did it work for you? I've spent many hours on hold, like most of us here,  but never got through. were you able to keep your original phone numbers? I ended up using the 100$ coupon and my new phone came in the mail today so hopefully I can just get it set up and switch the number over with no problems.... but something tells me it won't be that easy. 

Agent

Hello Talia. Glad to hear you received your new phone. To complete the migration over from Data Done Right, please contact 1.844.680.3922

-Victor21

Whiz Kid

Is that the same customer service number as the alert texts I've been getting? The number is blocked. Is there another number that I could call?

Agent

You could contact 1.844.680.3922 for assistance as well. Victor21

Whiz Kid

Yall gave me a promo code for a free phone (100 dollars off)

The sales rep assured and reassured me i wouldnt spend a penny.

The stupid website which makes me put a card in anyway wont take my card...for a total of 0.00 dollar.

Stupid mess, then i call back and another rep say OHHH IT CAN ONLY BE USED ON AN S7 or S8 or J7. I am not spending 4[***personal info removed***] dollars on a new phone because of this crap. The phone i have completely doesnt have a service and the stupid reps cant seem to get my phone on or find my number. I still call my voicemail and STIIIIILL have my voicemessage there. This company has me beyond heated. Ive had that number for  12 years!

Agent

Hi Talia. We do apologize you feel this way.  Could you send us a private message with more details on this matter? - E.J.

Enthusiast

Honestly blame SPRINT because this isn't even a real virgin mobile company. Virgin Mobile USA is a mutation of SPRINTS own creation because Virgin Mobile in Canada kinda looks awesome and uses a gsm network instead of a cdma if I understand correctly after speaking with a **bleep** ton of reps in an attempt to make my virgin usa phone work in canada with a swap of a sim card (it was unsuccessful). Walmart seems to no longer be partnered with them, sprint doesn't even sell them in their stores, Best Buy barely has anything to do with them at least where I live and there isn't one store in anyway affiliated with them. Get out while you still can

Enthusiast

just an update...i finally got my plan switched over relatively painlessly.  because of the postings saying this took hours, i did it an evening while watching tv.  called on the ol' speaker phone and started watching a stanley cup hockey game.  it took about an hour and a half before someone answered to help me, but when he did, he was good as well as personable.  this call center was out of the dominican republic (which was much better than the phillipines centers) and the service rep was easier to understand, knowledgable and actually helpful.  took about a half an hour to reprogram my old phone but then things worked like a charm.  we even chatted a few minutes about the pittsburgh penguins.  thank you to the helpful service reps...i'm sure they take a lot of abuse when things are overloaded and not going right. drg

Enthusiast

so just an update on my non-working code.  i eventually figured out what was wrong with the virgin mobile code and called/sent an email/messaged on facebook to tell VM what was wrong with it.  it ended up getting fixed within 3 days, but by then, i'd already ordered 2 phones (the one i wanted that the code DID NOT work for and then another phone that the code did work for).  then i just returned the phone i didn't want and kept the other.  sorry..this response got prematurely posted and then continues in my other response.

Enthusiast

just an update.  got my issue resolved after telling VM how to fix their code.  i was calling, emailing and posting messages on Facebook and i think the FB posts where i was complaining in all caps and threatening to post the same message 10 times a day till they helped me, got the most attention.  eventually, i was contacted by 2 sprint service reps and they were the most helpful of all.  any time i called, i had a direct number for them and no stupid phone tree menus that never let you talk to anyone.  VM seriously needs to clean up their act.  all anyone wants is to be able to talk to a real person that they understand, get an apology for whatever the f'up is and get a promise that this situation, while possibly complicated, will be fixed and if the problem takes too long, amends will be made.  perhaps they need to have some type of method of updating those affected by the problem to send daily updates to notify those affected as to progress of the situation.  just a suggestion.  it could prevent A LOT of disgruntled customers, complaining (here and elsewhere), and awful posts (like mine..LOL) on FB.  most people don't like being an **bleep**, but making people jump through hoops to try to talk to service reps who haven't been updated with whatever the problem is and then having them try bogus solutions to fix your problem which never seem to work is a VERY BAD combination.  let us talk to you easily, acknowledge it is a known problem and you're working on it with every possible resource, tell us how you're going to update us on progress and then throw us a bone if it takes too long (some kind of credit on our plans).  it's the right thing to do.  this episode was a mess as was when i tried to switch from regular VM to walmart VM (data done right) a year and a half ago.  anyway, thanks sprint service for helping me with my several problems with VM.  drg