Virgin Mobile

Data pack add on speed

Data pack add on speed

I've tried to search for this, but none of the answers were very clear. I have the unlimited data plan. If I use up all of my high speed data, and they reduce my speed to the very slow speed LTE or 3G or whatever; if I buy an extra $5 data pack, will the speed increase back to the high speed? Or will it continue to be slow until the next month period starts? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Data pack add on speed

on the unlimited u only be throttled if the network is congested in your area and u have use over 23gb of data oncde u leave the congester area speed go back to normal and no u cant buy data packs on the unlimited plan

Whiz Kid

Whiz Kid

Well that's not true.....my data speed is so slow that this page took 12 minutes to load.... I feel like I'm using some 1960s intranet instead of the internet. Dial up wasn't this slow but. I'm serious 56k modems were faster. So I've decided to get rid of this virgin mo bile service and get another. Voice quality may even improve without the crackle sound I hear when people talk. So beware the lies when they say slow.....they mean Mr snail just passed u slow.
Agent

Hi there, thanks for contacting us. If you had the latest plan, 50/mo Inner Circle, you have unlimited talk, text and data. You cannot purchase $5 data packs, because there is no way (or need) to use it, because the data is unlimited.

If you had a grandfathered plan, like the $35/mo Unlimited, then if you use up the 5GB allotment, you could purchase a $5 data pack and, yes, the speed would go up to 4G.

Whiz Kid

VERY unhappy with this latest (scam?)of having used up all my high speed data - on an unlimited plan!

After several years as a very satisfied customer, I am suddenly receiving notices of having used up my high speed data, and now my phone is SUPER SLOW loading! Have tried to purchase additional data, but have been unsuccessful - what is a 'top up' card?? Something I have to acknowledge to move to pay for my next month's plan in advance.
Turns out, according to numerous complaints on your website, many others are experiencing EXACTLY what I am. This smells like a scam.
Please explain this and how to resolve it. OR I have not choice but to switch carriers - which I would hate to do.
Agent

Oh no! That’s definitely not what we like to hear, purplejoanie. Please send us a private message so we can review this further.

Whiz Kid

Im having the same problem. I purchased an additional data pack but now its gone. I have tried everything to purchase more data but cant. My only option is to pay next months bill first. What a scam! I just bought this virgin mobile phone but i will change carriers and buy another phone before i go through this again. If this is how you treat your customers no thanks!
Agent

Hi, Sherredding. I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Let's get this thing figured out. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and pin code to verify your account? Thanks.

Whiz Kid

It's how they gig ya for stocking with that $35 a month plan n not having the standard $50 a month unlimited.