Virgin Mobile

Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

Highlighted
Employee

Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

Did you know it’s easy to change out your phone online or in our automated voice system?

Before you start, you’ll need this info:

• The device serial number (It’s on the box that the phone came in or the back of the Phone – behind the battery)
  • The phone number of the phone that you want to swap
  • Your Account PIN (forgot your pin?)

Once you’re ready, visit Virgin Mobile web site - Activate and follow the step-by-step instructions.

Or call 888-322-1122

• Note: You cannot use your current Virgin Mobile phone to call from, call from another active mobile phone or landline.
  • Choose option 3 (Account Changes) then option 2 (Swap phone)
  • Follow the voice prompts to complete the swap
  • Start using your new phone!

Virgin Mobile Gives You Extra

8 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

Re: Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

I have an iPhone 7 how do I transfer my SIM card over to my iPhone 7
Whiz Kid

Do you want to transfer content like contacts to iPhone 7

Whiz Kid

Aloha...I have been a subscriber for years on Virgin Mobile pay-lo.  My last phone just went belly-up after having just topped up for a new month.  I purchased a new phone, needing to activate it, needing to access my account, cannot remember my pin #, opened the FORGOT PIN? page, signed in, and it is asking me a secret question that I have no recollection of ever having answered before.  Yet there were other secret questions/answers, as I recall, so I need to be asked from among those other alternate questions so that I may answer from these, thereby allowing me to access my account and activate the new phone.  HELP?  HOW CAN I MAKE THE PROGRAM ASK ME DIFFERENT QUESTIONS, OTHER THAN "WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CITY?"  (Part of the problem may rest in the fact that I HAVE NO FAVORITE EFFIN' CITY, OK?"

Whiz Kid

I have moterola G3. I am trying to swap devices because my "old" one broke. I have entered all of the possible pin numbers & it won't work.
Whiz Kid

I bought a new flip phone (LG) can i use it with my existing virgin mobile contract

Agent

Hi cramer3132

To switch your phone to a VM account it must pass compatibility check. Please send us the MEID DEC number from your new phone on a private message. We'll be glad to check on that.

EdwinRG

Whiz Kid

Hello,

My new phone is from Verizon, it is an LG G3, when I try to swap the phone, I get the error of wrong serial number try again. Do I have to put m SIM card from my current Virgin Mobile phone into the LG G3 before I try to swap? Thanks for anything!

Agent

Hello, @user817. Thank you for stopping by. The LG G3 from Verizon is not compatible with our network. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We're here to help. -Kira_M.