Virgin Mobile

End of Data Done Right Plan??

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

End of Data Done Right Plan??

I received an email from Virgin Mobile that my data done right plan is ending soon. I paid for a whole month. Ends March 31. I don't need/want to buy a new phone!!!!!!! This is absurd!!!!! I want to keep my plan. Nothing wrong with it. When is the end date of Data Done Right Plans? That will be my good riddance date to virgin mobile and their uneccessary pricing changes which really aren't much different. Virgin Mobile please keep data done right !!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: End of Data Done Right Plan??

DDR is migrating their numbers to virgin . There's no specific date, but as soon as the migration process finishes, they'll close. In order to start this migration, please contact virgin at 1.844.680.3922 to better assist you

38 REPLIES

DDR is migrating their numbers to virgin . There's no specific date, but as soon as the migration process finishes, they'll close. In order to start this migration, please contact virgin at 1.844.680.3922 to better assist you

Enthusiast

I have no idea about migration. I am not gonna pay for migration either if they ask for it. I barely even use data anyway. They better not close my plan before it expires. They should wait till all expires.

u will have to migrate your number to virgin and buy anew phone if u plan to keep service after dat done right is shut down

Whiz Kid

Does this change require new phones too? I switched my and my daughter's phone to the DDR phones specifically for the parental controls. Now you are taking those options away AND requiring new phones??? This is crap....

I have been a loyal VM customer for many years, but this is making me look elsewhere!

Whiz Kid

I am in your shoes exactly. I am finally happy with my phone and plan and just got an adorable new phone case. Open my email and see that all data done right plans are being eradicated. The Wal-Mart phone i bought for the DDR plan will no longer be compatible with the new plan they have. I'm fighting this all the way til the end. There is no reason to force your customers to switch phones AND plans. If they didn't want to support the Wal-Mart Data Done Right phones they never should have made the deal with them. Mine and my husband's perfectly good phones are going this become useless after they shut this down.
Enthusiast

Incorrect. No new phone needed. Thats what a Virgin Mobile advisor said to me over the phone this morning. They migrate existing numbers to the new plan. Doesn't say new phone mandatory at all. Its just a sales pitch. They can reprogram existing phone to new plan.
Enthusiast

I just got off the phone - from your DDR phone, dial *611 to speak to a Data Done Right customer service rep. They won't commit to when this plan is actually ending. They are not shutting off the phones. Basically Virgin does not offer shared lines, so for me, we have two phones on our DDR plan. To migrate, they will set up two single accounts. Cost will stay about the same. What angers me is when I wanted to add a second line, no one told me I was LEAVING Virgin USA and going to another company. I thought all these years I had just changed PLANS!!! My auto debit still says Virgin Mobile.

She said:

1) You can keep your phones.

2) you can migrate over with just a phone call.

3) best to migrate on or around your payment date for convenience.

4) the shared lines will be separate accounts.

5) going back to Virgin USA will allow more features, data, etc... for the same cost.

Now, whether that proves to be true, we will see, but if I am required to buy phones, I will change companies. I have been a loyal, excellent pay customer and I tremendously resent this shabby treatment.

Their email was very misleading, and lacked any real information about the migration. 

It says "switching your plan is easy - first, shop on line..."  which indicates a new phone is required to make the change. The first step is NOT to buy a phone, but to migrate your number.

The director who approved that debacle should be required to explain this mess to every angry caller. Maybe next time they will be more forthright with the facts.

I am too angry to migrate. I will need to cool off and decide if I really want to stay with a company so deceitful that I lost most of a nice Saturday morning running down the facts, or move to another company with actual stores for real people to assist.

Furious Furious Furious

Whiz Kid

You can keep your phone. Call 844.326.1261 to migrate an 'old'/Walmart purchased phone. Be prepared - it takes close to an hour. And the account was credited for the 2 days of service left in the month.

if u guys go to the virgin mobile usa facebook u see there telling people u need to buy a new phone to migrate over to virgin plan since the data done right phone have special software on them the phone for the sevice to work the way it does with data done right so guess we will see when they shut down data done right because the phone never been able to switch between virgin unlimted and data done right due to the software on the phone