Virgin Mobile

Having a difficult time getting virginmobile to provide simple information

Whiz Kid

Having a difficult time getting virginmobile to provide simple information

I'm having quite the difficult time in getting virginmobile to provide me with some simple information that is readily available sent to me through e-mail.  One of my iphones currently broke and it was under warranty.  I went to the apple store and they verified that it was in fact defective and under warranty.  The phone was registered to my wife's apple account and she had forgotten her password.  Apple simply needed proof of purchase from virgin mobile that had a serial number of the phone and the date that it was purchased.  The receipt that virgin sends out after you purchase a phone from them does not provide this information.  It has been a nightmare to get virgin to send an e-mail with this information.  They have this readily available as they attempted to give the apple store employee the numbers over the phone, but apple's policy is that they require a physical receipt.  Anybody have any suggestion as how I can get virgin mobile to give me this information?  I have gotten nothing but empty promises and unexpected resistance from virgin mobile's customer service to such a simple and readily available request.  They are happy to provide the information over the phone, but refuse to provide an e-mail with this information.  I've been a happy customer with virgin for may years and this is the first time I've needed any customer service.  Is this the typical response you get when you run into trouble or need help with your virgin mobile account?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Having a difficult time getting virginmobile to provide simple information

go to virginmobile usa facebook page and send a private message they should be able to help you out

Whiz Kid

Re: Having a difficult time getting virginmobile to provide simple information

Thanks for the suggestion.  The representative on facebook was very helpful.  After some back and forth I was able to get virgin mobile to send me an e-mail with proof of purchase that included the serial number of the phones.  The main problem was that, as the representative explained, this is not standard procedure for them to offer this information and his hands were tied. In other words, there is no button that they can press to generate this information easily.  It ended up going to a 'special' department where they had to manually create the document.  So, if you are pesistantent enough and you get a cooperative representative (kudos to Jeff C from facebook), then you can get what you need.