Virgin Mobile

Hijacked account

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Hijacked account

It appears my Virgin Mobile account has been hijacked. I received a message yesterday saying I had signed up for an international plan which I did not sign up for, then one saying my PIN and security questions had been changed. I did not change them. Then I lost my phone service. I also see a 105 dollar charge on my credit card from Virgin Mobile. Tried emailing support and messaging via FaceBook. I finally got a response on FaceBook and was told to post here. Note: I do not have phone service so I cannot send a text to verify my account/identity.  It should be possible to see unusual activity for this account if you look at it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Hijacked account

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, @cryptozoan. We definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN you used to have?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, @cryptozoan. We definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN you used to have?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Whiz Kid

Wow, because it was especially for International Calls, an investigator would probably look into inside access to your account, ie from within the comp. Good luck securing and permanentlt resolving!  Sucks if it happens again and/or to others.

Enthusiast

same  here

Agent

Hi, DungPham! That's strange. How about we take a closer look? Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to verify your account? Thanks.

Enthusiast

I have a man from escalation team call me and said he can not get in my account, while the hacker keep buying and charge to my bank account 2,3 transaction everyday,how about you cancelmy account ? i am tired of it, just cancel,so i can move on, and look for another carrier

Agent

Sorry to hear that, DungPham. Please contact your financial institution to report the unauthorized charges, and they will report it to our fraud team. Our Escalation Team will continue to assist you with your case. 

Enthusiast

Nightmare is over, thank you, guys,u finally got into my account, that's mean the hacker is disable,seem like u go back to great VM in the time i had first line in 2004,and since that time, i had turned down so many offer from AT&T,and others,and i must say i did not regret for that and being VM customer until now