Virgin Mobile

How do I temporarily suspend service?

Whiz Kid

How do I temporarily suspend service?

Can I suspend my account when I return to Canada then reactivate it when I return to USA

23 REPLIES 23
Agent

Re: How do I temporarily suspend service?

Hi, icuthber! We are unable to suspend the account. If you stop the account payments, it will be interrupted. Your account will cancel automatically in 60 days when you do not use the phone or add funds.

Enthusiast

In May I will need to temporarily suspend service while I am out of the US for several months. Is there any way that I can keep my exisitng phone number while I am way, so that I can then restart my service when I return

I understand your concern. Let’s take a closer look, icuthber! How long will you be outside of the country?

Enthusiast

I am due to leave around April 26 2019 and will be back around Dec 3 2019

Thanks, icuthber! In order for you to be able to keep your number while you are overseas, your plan needs to be paid. After 60 days of your due date without a payment your account will be cancelled automatically. 

Enthusiast

Thanks for confirming that...it is what I have seen before. I was hoping that you could offer a service whereby I could pay a small fee each month just to keep my number until I get back instead of the full $35 monthly fee that I am paying now...could you heck for me if this could be offered.

Unfortunately, no. We apologize.

Enthusiast

OK, I understand.

if I cancel my service when I leave at the end of April, what is the chance that I can get the same phone number when I return in December.

Also,  would I then need a new Sim or could I still use my existing Sim once I get it reactivated and can I also use the same phone that I have just bought from you

To be honest, there is no chance of getting the same number back at all.