Virgin Mobile

How do I temporarily suspend service?

Enthusiast

Re: How do I temporarily suspend service?

Thanks for being honest about that...keeping the same number.

so when I come back, will I be able to use the same Sim and the same phone as I have now and just get a new number and activation from you

Agent

Yes, you should be able to reactivate your phone. 

Enthusiast

following on from our esrlier discussions on this, I have been also discussing this with a friend of mine who has the same problem. He has a cellphone contract with T-Mobile and for a small monthly fee they allow him to temporarily suspend his account while he is away, keep his phone number and then start it up again when he returns. As many of your customers must face similar difficulties, could you please make enquiries to see if Virgin Mobile could look into setting up something similar.

Having been with Virgin Mobile for many many years, I would definitely prefer to stay with you, as I have always been very happy with your products and service up to now. However if you cannot offer me something similar, I will be left with no alternative other than to switch over to T-Mobile when I come back in December.

Please try and help me out with this...surely you would do all that you can to try and keep your long standing customers happy.

Laurence

Enthusiast

Still awaiting a response to my latest question on this.....please

Agent

Hi, LACRJC. Let's do some investigating. Please send us a private message with more details about your request. 

Enthusiast

sorry, but how do I send you a 'private message'

Enthusiast

Hi,

I was reading about putting account on interruption. But here I see the answer is 60 days limit without payment then number will be lost. But then when I/my kids contacted Virgin Mobile, we received the answer that we can put the account on "interruption" for up to 120 days by not making a payment; and as long as we make a payment before the 120 days period expires, the the number on the account is preserved. 

Please advise whether it is 60 days or 120 days. 

Thanks. 

Hey there, swong2368! You actually loose your number 90 days after your last payment.

Enthusiast

Thanks for getting back to me. But how do you explain the following answer from Virgin Mobile? 

We currently do not have the option to put your account "on hold" for
some time so you can suspend the service and later on resume it with the
rest of your plan. However, if you will not be using your account for a
couple of months you could let it go into interrupted status.

If you do not pay your next month on time, your account will simply go
to interrupted status. Once an account is interrupted, it can remain in
this state for up to 120 days. You will need to make a payment before
the 120 days or the system will automatically cancel the account and
your number will be lost.

As it is, if you were to let your account go to interrupted status on
08/16/2019, which is when your next payment is due, you would have until
12/14/2019 to reactivate the service. If you let it go to interrupted on
9/15/2019, the date for automatic cancellation should be around
1/13/2020.
Agent

I apologize for any confusion.You have 120 days after the Balance Expiration Date to add money to prevent cancellation, which includes loss of remaining balance and telephone number.