How we treat loyal customers at Virgin Mobile.

Enthusiast

How we treat loyal customers at Virgin Mobile.

I've been a customer of Virgin mobile so long that this is the phone I am still using.  It has probably been 15 years.

b00k3_0-1578637339758.jpeg

Yes.  It still works, for voice and text. Remarkable.  We've been happy with the service.  We had a nine digit pin that stopped working on the web portal years ago, but autopay and the service continued to work, so we just let it roll.  The service and phone were what we needed.

Trying to figure out what I need to do to my payment so my account transitions to Boost properly, I noticed in these forums that VM allows you to buy phones with your balance.  Someone did it just two weeks ago.  Sounds like a great idea.  I don't call much.  I have a substantial balance.  Had I known of this option, I probably would have used the balance to upgrade a long time ago.  So, I DM'd a social support person to get started on that.  Guess what I was told?  Around the time they announced to me that they're selling my business to Boost (who does not sell phones for balance, I am told) , they suddenly also stopped selling phones, unannounced.  "Sorry for the inconvenience."  Right.

I was ready to move service over to Boost and try to make that work, even if somehow the plan wasn't as good as the grandfathered plan I'm on at VM.  Suddenly limiting my options like this feels like VM and Boost trying to limit a loyal customer's options last minute to keep him loyal because of his transferred balance.  Considering the phone I own, there's a pretty good chance I'm going to need a new phone to continue service with Boost anyway.  I guess it's on me to go buy a new one with some dollars from somewhere else.

As a customer, I just want to be clear that you're killing this goose, Boost.  Do not expect golden eggs in the form of loyal transferred subscriptions from it.  This is hundreds of dollars right in front of my nose that I can't use toward a phone upgrade I'll likely need to continue service with Boost.  And I could have done it last week -- if I had known.  I won't soon forget this.

VM social support persons, do let me know if you change your mind, or if I was speaking to a misinformed social support person this afternoon.  Misunderstandings do happen.

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: How we treat loyal customers at Virgin Mobile.

Hello, @b00k3. Thanks for reaching out. We'll do our best to help you with this. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Enthusiast

Hi, @b00k3. I am also a long term Virgin customer, since 2007, in spite of the fact that the first phone they sold me was defective (wouldn't hold a charge overnight, no refund or exchange, had to buy a new phone). You may be interested in my recent experience with them while trying to swap to a new feature phone to replace my dying current handset:

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/My-Account-Plans-Orders/No-help-from-Virgin-with-swapping-f...

Be warned. Personally, I'm tired of their arbitrary and shabby treatment of customers and will be looking for a different carrier. I haven't heard anything good about Boost either.

Agent

Hello, paintedjaguar. We replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Enthusiast

Yes you did. Unfortunately your reply(s) contained neither help nor even answers to my specific questions.