Virgin Mobile

I want to keep my paylo plan but don't know if I can.

SOLVED
Enthusiast

I want to keep my paylo plan but don't know if I can.

My flip phone stopped receiving receptions last year.  I called the customer service a few times then.  Then I was given different information: (1) I need to buy a new phone and cannot keep my paylo plan (because activation of any new phone doesn't allow it) ; (2) I could keep my paylo plan if I can find a compatible phone. 

Could someone please clarify this?  I see two flip phones listed on VM site right now.  However, both say "available on unlimited plan."  Does this mean I cannot keep my playlo plan even when I buy one of these flip phone?  If a VM agent could look into my account (by private messaging), I would appreciate it.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: I want to keep my paylo plan but don't know if I can.

Yes, a minimum of $5 every 90 days.

14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Hey there, @pole! Thank you for your questions. We'd love to help you. In order provide you with a more accurate response, we'd like to know which Paylo plan you have now. Thanks.

Enthusiast

I am on 20c/min plan.

Agent

OK. Unfortunately, if you switch phones, this will remove your plan, due to the fact the plan is an old plan (Grandfathered) that is no longer available. So sorry about that. 

Enthusiast

Can you please tell me what plans are available for flip phones?  I think it will be $35/mo if I get an android.

Agent

The data love plans are available to both flip phones and Android devices.

Enthusiast

Do you mean only data love plans?  I think I was told that there were paylo choices before.

Agent

The PayLo plans are no longer available. If you have a PayLo plan, and manage to get a compatible flip phone, you can keep the plan you have. 

Enthusiast

Can I use my account balance to pay for a data love plan?  I have enough for several months.  I read somewhere that I need to top up $5 every 90 days to keep the service active.  Is that correct? 

Agent

You can use your existing balance, but if a payment is not done within 90 days the account is cancelled and any remaining balance is lost.