Virgin Mobile

If I don't refill my account, how long can I keep my number?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

If I don't refill my account, how long can I keep my number?

I am in the process of switching from Virgin to T-Mobile and am keeping my phone number. My number still hasn't been ported over to T-Mobile and today is the last day I have "paid" with Virgin. I would have to refill my account tonight to keep service. What happens if I don't top-up? Will I lose the ability to keep my phone number? How long can I keep this number if I haven't paid for next month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: If I don't refill my account, how long can I keep my number?

Hi there! Yes, your number will remain available to port while interrupted. Your account can stay without a payment for 120 days (150 days from last successful payment). It would cancel itself after that, but the number remains available during that time.

2 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

I just talked to T-Mobile and they said while it will still be a few days until my number is ported, Virgin did in fact release my number to them so hopefully I won't lose it, even if I am without a phone for a few days. I hope this is correct.

Agent

Hi there! Yes, your number will remain available to port while interrupted. Your account can stay without a payment for 120 days (150 days from last successful payment). It would cancel itself after that, but the number remains available during that time.