Virgin Mobile

Lied to by tech support

Whiz Kid

Lied to by tech support

This is just a rant post, as I'm sure Virgin Mobile will not do a **bleep** thing to help me.

I ordered a new iphone 6s Plus ($299).  The phone arrived dead.  Would not power on.  Tried charging it for a few hours, still would not turn on.

Called tech support, and was instructed to bring the phone and the shipping box to a Fed Ex store and they would take care of the return shipping.

After going to the nearest FedEx store (a two hour round trip for me), the FedEx employees noticed no return shipping label.  I called Virgin mobile, and was then told they would not pay for shipping and it was up to me to pay for it.

How is this right? Virgin Mobile sent me a DEAD phone, and now I have to cover a $22 FedEx return shipping charge? 

It would have been farm more convenient if the first tech I talked to did not lie to me, waste two hours of my travel time and gasoline, and just told me in the first place I would have to cover shipping costs.  I couldve stayed in town and shipped it via USPS far cheaper.

4 REPLIES 4
Whiz Kid

Re: Lied to by tech support

Same here!

I spoke with a man named Samul on June 6th and he told me his extension number was 884371. It is a very long story as I bought a phone from virgin mobiles website and it never worked from the day I received it, Which was June 3. I ordered the phone and received conformation of shipping on May 30. The phone came on day one saying it needed an update and that the cellular network was in error. On June 6th Samul told me that I had 14 day satisfaction guarantee window in which I could return my phone, but that first he would like to send a new sim card, to be delivered on a Saturday and guaranteed me that it would in fact fix the issue and my phone would work. All along the phone said it needed to be updated and virgin mobile employees asked if I could take it to an apple store, the day I received it, but I am 158 miles from an apple store so that is not an option. Instead was sent a broken phone and talked into waiting for a sim card, I was lied to about the return window until the window had passed and then told by a floor manager named John that there was nothing they could do. There are no extensions, no managers, and no recourse for customers that have been deceived and outright lied to by virgin mobile employees. I now have been paying for services for 2 weeks, which I can't use, I have a broken phone that can't be fixed and I have to pay to mail off in hopes of getting a phone similar to what I currently have. I have been defrauded by multiple employees an what appears to be a con. I called on June 12, within the 14 day window as well, when I was informed that I am **bleep** out of luck. As a customer that has paid for a good, received broken device, was lied to by customer service... I have been a victim of fraud. I want my money back for the broken device and the time I paid for a service I could not use due to being sold a broken device! I  am guessing I will never see my money or a working phone!

Agent

Hey there @elizabethcp We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message. 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Yep.  I cant believe that a company trying to earn your business would treat customers this way.  My wife and I have been virgin customers for several years now, and this was to be a third phone plan for my wife's mother.  I havent heard anything back from Virgin regarding this.  Since they refuse to make this right, let alone even reach out to me, I'm planning on looking for a different carrier, one that doesnt defraud its loyal customers.

Hello ToddK. We are really sorry about this inconvenience. We definitely want to look into this. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN code so we can assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message". Thanks!