Virgin Mobile

Locked Out Of My Account

Enthusiast

Locked Out Of My Account

I tried logging into my account and it's giving me an error message saying there's possibly a problem with my account. Unfortunately I was in the middle of troubleshooting my phone and it is not functioning properly so I am not able to access my account that way either.

12 REPLIES 12
Enthusiast

Re: Locked Out Of My Account

I'm also not able to get my PIN reset sent to my phone due to my phone not working. When trying to log in, I'm getting a message saying there's a problem with my account. I'm current and up to date on my payements and have not had any issues before.

Agent

Hello, TheGreenMeanie. We're sorry for this trouble. We'll be happy to assist you with this. Are you getting a specific error message when trying to use your service? What is the make and model of your phone?

Enthusiast

Initally, my phone had said "SERVICE DISABLED" and I was unable to receive or send calls and/or text messages. I called customer service and went through the steps to reset my phone, but now when powering it back on it won't get past the Virgin Mobile logo screen. When I try to log in online, the message is saying "OOPS! There seems to be a problem with your account. Contact customer service." My model is a LG Tribute 2.

Agent

Thanks for responding. Try to power off the phone, remove SIM Card, and gently wipe it off with a soft cloth. Reinsert the SIM card and turn the phone back on. Then, test the service to see if it works. 

Enthusiast

I've tried that, and the phone still will not proceed past the Virgin Mobile logo.

Agent

Then a backup and reset may be needed. It is highly recommended that you complete a backup of the device information before proceeding.

- In order to switch off the device hold down the Power key for a short while.
- Afterwards press and hold the Volume Down + Power button for a couple of seconds.
- When the LG logo appears on the screen release the Power key for a short while and press it again.
- You should release all keys when the factory reset menu appears on the screen.
- In the next step, select option "Yes" by using Volume Down to navigate and Power button to accept.
- Well done! The hard reset has just been performed.

Let us know how that worked out.

Enthusiast

I've tried that, and the phone has been reset, but now it will not go past the LG logo.

Agent

Try to reset the phone again. If the problem still persists, you'll have to contact LG support at 800-793-8896 for more troubleshooting options.

Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the phone is now stuck in "Configuring Your Phone" mode. I've called customer service and they've sent in a case to give me a chance to provide alternative authentication, I'm still not able to get into my account.