Virgin Mobile

Locked device w/o my permission

Whiz Kid

Locked device w/o my permission

I've had the same iPhone 6+ since the day it was released.
i recently thought an upgrade would be nice, so i purchased a iPhone 8 from OfferUp. I called Virgin to check if the IMEI was unlocked. The lady i spoke with said it was. Please note, i never asked for that number to be activated, never asked for Virgin to Lock the iPhone 8. i was just checking if it was eligible.

After a day with the iPhone 8 i realized that i wanted an iPhone 8+ instead because i was used to the size. I then sold the iPhone 8 to someone online, and used that money to buy an iPhone 8+, and activated it.
The person i sold the iphone 8 to messaged me saying that the phone was locked with Virgin/Sprint! I immeaditely called Virgin/Sprint asking why the iPhone 8 was locked. The lady i spoke with apologised and said they would unlock it. And it would take 24-48hr.

Two days later, the device is still locked (WITH OUT MY PERMISSION) and declined to be unlocked because "it hasen't been with us for 365 days". Inraged, i called again, excilated the phone call to a supervisor and was told the whole "sorry, will fix this" routene again.
I've called and had this happen 4 times now. While the guy i sold the phone to is waiting. Excuses so far: it hastn't been 365 days yet (again, not my mistake) and "ineligible because phone has not been activated more than 14 days". WHAT? Fix your mistake.

Before this, i was with AT&T for nearly 15yr. I got sick of the run-around and hour long, getting nowhere conversations with their "support", so i switched service to Virgin/Sprint. Now i'm getting the same run-around.

Do not give me the run around a 5th time. I didn't ask to activate the iPhone 8. I'm not even asking for compensation for the hours i've wasted on this. Just fix your mistake. Quickly please.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Locked device w/o my permission

Hey there! I'm sorry for the bad experience I'd like to ivnestigate this further. Please send me a Private Message with the device IMEI. 

Whiz Kid

I sent a private message
Agent

Hi. Thanks for contacting us. We received a private message, we'll continue to assist you in private. 

Whiz Kid

THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED.

Royt: Re: Here is the imei
Hi. Thanks for contacting us. The device is not locked is it only associated with an account in our network. You can take your phone to another

Me: I just spent another 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint to verify this and it is STILL NOT unlocked. I cannot tell the person I sold it to, to take it to another carrier.
Agent

Hi, TacoEmergency. Did you remove the device from the account?

Whiz Kid

The representative I spoke with had no idea what I meant when I asked for this.
Agent

Thansk for the information. Please send us a private message so we can take a look at this.