Virgin Mobile

Moto G6 Play keeps asking for activation, but is ALREADY activated

Whiz Kid

Moto G6 Play keeps asking for activation, but is ALREADY activated

I'm having a frustrating time with my Moto G6 Play - it is actiavted and was working flawlessly for weeks. Now all of a sudden, about 3-4 times a day, it pops up with a screen from Virgin Mobile telling me I need to "activate my phone" ... I can hit that button, and it does nothing, or the ignore button. Everything is working fine, Calls, texting, internet, everything is perfect with the annoying exception of a looud notification 3-4 times daily to activate my phone. I've done 2 hard-resets to factory settings and the problem is still there. What can I do?!?!?!? This is getting frustrating.

Sean

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Moto G6 Play keeps asking for activation, but is ALREADY activated

Hello seanshepard. Thanks for contacting us. We are glad to assist you. Please, do the following: 

1. Turn off your Wi-Fi. 

2. Restart your phone. 

Let us know how it goes when it turns back on. ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

I've done that twice ... Even spoke with an agent who walked me through a bunch of codes to type in and it is STILL asking to 'acrivate' or 'ignore' ... Very frustrating
Agent

We understand. Which software version does your phone have? Is it up to date? ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

it's the most recent version of the software, also Android 8.0 and the current security update.

Agent

I see. When you turned off the Wi-Fi and restarted the phone, how long did you last to turn the Wi-Fi on again? ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

I'm having the exact same problem. Phone works just fine but keep getting the notification. When I go to the link it doesnt recognize my IMEI but if I check activation status it says hey thank you. Now follow these guidelines to finish swapping your device. I'm like it's the same device. I just replaced it with my old phone which was damaged. Sigh.... did they ever fix your issue

Whiz Kid

hi, not really - they made me pay $25(?) for a "warranty replacement" - some warranty, that makes ME pay $25 when the phoneI had was not even 60 days old. I got the new phone, sent the old one back and the new one works just fine now. I feel that it was their problem to begin with and was not happy paying $25 for a replacement, but, what can you do?!? they had me - I won't be continuing with Virgin Mobile next time I replace my phone - they took me for $25, in my opinion - not happy at all. Good luck!

Agent

Hi there, @Duchesse1981! Sorry for the bad experience. I'd like to help you. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. 

Enthusiast

I've had to do that with my last one. My htc desire. Also bought it brand new and it just didnt connect to the internet at all. So they did something badass and simply send me the same phone and I send my old one back in exchange. I bought insurance from a different company tho. They didnt ask me about it anyways. The lady I talked to (after several miserable calls to them without getting it fixed despite their best efforts) said I got lucky because she was one of the higher ups, guessing manager, anyways but she helped me out but time. I believe its unheard of getting a prepay phone replaced just like that. Boost surely didnt do that for my husband when an update ruined his phone. Anyways, long story short. The replacement was totally fine. Thing is tho with the one I have now, they dont sell them anymore nor have any in stock. I dont know why because it's a galaxy j7 refine and a topnotch phone. They always drop the really good ones it seems. Lol I got lucky and found this one on a website that had a few originals left new in box. But I paid more for it than for my last galaxy j7 which I needed replaced cuz it wouldnt charge anymore (it took a lot of beatings). My service works. Just have to hit the airplane button a few times throughout the day. We will see if they can find the error somewhere.