Virgin Mobile

My Account Hacked - Hackers Spent $ - Can't Cancel!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

My Account Hacked - Hackers Spent $ - Can't Cancel!

On Sunday, a hacker changed my wife's PIN and Security question, then transferred my service to a different phone. 

They spent over $200 from my attached debit card before I was able to cancel the card.

Now I need to cancel the account, cancel the orders, and get her name off of it ASAP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: My Account Hacked - Hackers Spent $ - Can't Cancel!

Hello @RabidMonkee. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

8 REPLIES
Agent

Hello @RabidMonkee. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

This exact thing just happened to me last night. I got an email notifying me my PIN and security questions had been changed and I've had a little over $200 taken from my bank account by Virgin Mobile USA. Has your issue been resolved yet?
Agent

Hi, @IFreund Could you please send a PM with your phone number and PIN code? I would like to check into that for you.

Whiz Kid

Yes, reply to the "Social Care" person below and they will investigate and reset your phone.

Whiz Kid

Similar event here ... I received an e-mail for an add on service I did not approve and a charge has forwarded to my debit card.  Now what?  My pin # no longer appears valid and the account is currently locked with only security questions that I do not recognize.  How do I resolve?

Agent

Hi there, VMloyalist414. We can help you with that. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

I had a account with virgin mobile but i cant remember my phone number or pin # an i dont remember my account number is there anyway u can find these three things out for me by using my full name i really Ned these 3 numbers so i can log into my account an change my stuff so no one can mess with it anymore.. My name is Jessica Baker i activated it in Waycross Georgia the zip code is 31503... My email is xxx594@gmail.com (ALL LOWER CASE LETTERS) please send me a Email if u can help me out.. Or u can call me on my cellphone 252abc..

Agent

Hey there, Jesspooh1696! Please do not share your account information in public. Let's do some investigating. Your account will cancel automatically in 60 days when you do not use the phone or add funds. When your account is canceled, you will lose your phone number and will be unable to port your number to another carrier. When was the last time that you added balance to the account?