Virgin Mobile

My account was hacked and I was charged for over $200 for the purchases I didn't make!!!!!!

Whiz Kid

My account was hacked and I was charged for over $200 for the purchases I didn't make!!!!!!

Hi! I received an email stating that my Virgin mobile account pin number was changed but I didn't do such a thing. I went to the website to  log into my account but my security questions were changed as well. I don't have any service on my phone, I tried calling but I get the message "your account cannot be validated". I called the customer service number from a different phone, but I can't get through to actually speak to any customer service agent. Later I found out that my credit card, that was linked in to my Virgin mobile account automatic pay was charged twice for $102.35 and the purchases were made on virgin mobile website and again - I didn't make any purchases. I already called my bank to report the compromised card, but the charge still remains on my bank account!!!!

Spoiler

6 REPLIES 6
Whiz Kid

Re: My account was hacked and I was charged for over $200 for the purchases I didn't make!!!!!!

UPDATE: I just got charged for another $102.35 AGAIN! Absolutely ridiculous!!! Didn't get response from anyone from Virgin except for Facebook where they told me to wait until somebody replies here.

Agent

Re: My account was hacked and I was charged for over $200 for the purchases I didn't make!!!!!!

Hello, bartekp! Thank you for reaching out to us. We're terribly sorry for the situation you're facing right now. We'd like to try helping you. In this case, it seems like your account was compromised and your number was swapped to another device. Where was the last place that you accessed your account that you can remember? 

Highlighted
Agent

Can you please send us a private message with your number and last PIN you can recall? To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message". Thanks! ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

I have been hacked. pin changed. security question and answer changed. charged $60.50 on my card on file. sent email to TIER3SC@sprint with information, ID, phone number, email address to verify my account. I've heard nothing for over 24 hours. Help me!

Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, earlduke. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

This is why I refuse to put a credit card on file, I just buy a top-up card each month when I go to the store. Even the dollar store has them. Used to be a pain finding a link on virginmobile or virgin that worked (which is where my virgin app sends me... and then that page would be deleted ???) but hopefully won't have this problem on virginmobileusa (browser). Could also put a prepaid card number on file and load it each month before your due date ( remember to add any fees, taxes and any card fees... )