Virgin Mobile

New $60 unlimited plan?

Whiz Kid

New $60 unlimited plan?

Okay so my plan ends today and i was checking out my account when i realized a new plan i never seen before. So is the $60 unlimited everything legit, is it actually a new plan and are there any data caps?
17 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

Re: New $60 unlimited plan?

I am trying to figure this out as well. It is advertised as unlimited EVERYTHING (talk, phone, data) and i sent Virgin Mobile an email to clarify this -- they responded with this explanation: 

The $60 plan that you have set up for future usage will include a 23 GB
threshold along with  the following features:
- Unlimited Talk
- Unlimited Text
- Unlimited Data
- Free music streaming from participating music partners
- 50 minutes of domestic voice roaming
- Optimized streaming video, games and music; unlimited 4G LTE High
Speed Data for everything else (video streams at up to 480+ resolution,
music at up to 500kbps, streaming cloud gaming at up to 2mbps)

SOOOOOOO what does that mean???? They say 23GB Threshold, but then it says Unlimited Data. 

I am still confused and am in the process of further clarification. Will repost once Ive got it figured out. 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

OK- i did some further research and this is what I've found. 

As you may well know, Virgin Mobile utilizes the Sprint Network for certain coverage. 

OK -- SPRINT has a Unlimited Data Plan for $60/mo for a single line -- also with a 23GB Threshold -- coincidence???? I dont think so;

Here is the link to the page that explains what the 23GB Threshold entails exactly. 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/protecting-the-97.htm

Basically this means that after youve used 23GB within one billing cycle, your data usage is bumped down in level of priority ... so do you have to pay for the data usage? NO. but you MAY have to wait for that youtube video to download because your'e "de-prioritized".

This is part of Sprint's new "Quality of Service" policy.

Now, I haven't confirmed with the VirginMobile rep that this is the full story, but I'm 90% sure this is the correct explanation. 

Hope this helps!

Whiz Kid

Thanks alot very helpful.... I knew it was to good to be true.
Enthusiast

Sounds good Smiley Happy

Whiz Kid

Freshboy1996, hello. I'm just curious, how much data do you use every month? I use a lot.. 23 gigs is usually more than enough for most ppl. I think you'll be ok, unless of course I need it for ur business or something....

u will only be slowed down if the towers in your area are conjusted there people that use over 50gb a month and report no slow downs at all it really depends on your area 

Whiz Kid

Does this include using your data as a hot spot? My cycle last month let me use 35gb through the hotspot for 3 weeks before it said I wasnt subscribed to the service when I went to enable it. Only reason I got the unlimited plan was to get rid my cable internet.

Agent

Hi ebkallday

The Hotspot is not included with the $60 Unlimited plan.

hate to break to you but every carrier does this now Att,Verizon,Sprint is 23gb and Tmobile is 30gb before the throttle if the network is congested