Virgin Mobile

No service and no solution

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

No service and no solution

Code 8681
Looking to either get service back on my phone or get my credit ($159.01) refunded to me.
I spoke to customer service for TWO HOURS on Friday 12 April without any outcome except that they would contact me in 24 hours. Of course I didn’t receive the call.
I’ve spoken to Virgin on my Facebook messenger for the past two days and I was told to come here to post my number, pin - but this place doesn’t seem very secure to put that information on a public forum?!?
I haven’t had service on my phone in Florida since October 2018. When I called (from NC because it works there) to question it they apologised and credited me $20. I use it for emergencies only and I can use it in other states but once I’m in a Florida it no longer works.
I spoke to a customer service rep who told me the tower in my area no longer supports my phone (but is fine in NC, CT, NY, IL). He offered for me to buy a new phone - alacatel speakeasy one - from a Walmart (since Virgin no longer offers that specific phone) which would cost me $333.
I asked for my money to be refunded to me but was told they could only do the past 90 days - $20. I then spoke to the customer service rep’s manager, Brian (who wouldn’t give an employee id), who flat out refused to help me. I asked to speak to his manager on multiple occasions to be told he is the manager.
Finally after 1.5 hours, I spoke to Kay - not sure if it was just another manager or what - but she said she’d put out a call to the techs to look into the service area and would call me in 24 hours.
No call. And I’m still left high and dry with no solution. She also promised to refund me the $20 - but that hasn’t happened either.
I Would love to get my money back and take my phone somewhere else since no one is willing to help. I’ve been fighting this and spending WAY too much time just for a mere $159.01. Will someone just help a girl out?!???!
10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: No service and no solution

Hello, @Really-Annoyed. We hate that your experience with Virgin Mobile hasn't been so great. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address so we can further assist you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

Still no solution with the same box standard response. It seems the customer service will do absolutely anything to NOT help.

Agent

We’re looking into it & hope to get this fixed as soon as possible!

Heavy Hitter

Johnson Drive Mission KS 66205
I was told to do a reset due to the outage.
My phone still says configuring and it has been like that for3 days.
If there is no longer an outage can I swap my phone?

Agent

Hey there, @Lolitan32! Unfortunately the outage is still active. But if the outage is no longer active, you can sure swap your phone without any problem. If you have more questions, please let us know. Thanks.

Heavy Hitter

Okay thanks
Agent

You are welcome. We are here at your service.

Heavy Hitter

RE: outage/Kansas City

Is there still an outage in the Kansas City area?

Johnson Drive Mission KS 66205

Re: RE: outage/Kansas City

Hey there, Lolitan32! We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.