Virgin Mobile

PayLo plan and phones

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: PayLo plan and phones

I am in a similar sitiation . good luck. virgin mobile has terrible service. I bought a alcatel phone go flip model which they said would work on the paylo plan. Not I tried to activate and it was a big fat lie. I am stuck with a brand new phone which does not work on my plan. I will be disputing on my credit card.

Agent

Hey, @isetta45! So sorry for this experience. Is the Alcatel phone you purchased a Virgin Mobile branded device?

~Nosh_CxUx

I can't find any paylo devices in your shop. Do you only sell iphones now? You did not mention whether or not older devices (and ones other than iphone because I will never own one) will work with the government program. My current ZTE has developed a mind of it's own and I am unable to do anything other than remove the battery to stop it from making changes and calling people. I want to purchase an LG K3 if it works with the program.

Heavy Hitter

If you want a good example of what Virgin is doing to long-time Pay-Lo customers, go to the Network & Coverage section, and click the "No service Vancouver WA 4 days" thread.  Eye-opening!!

Whiz Kid

My virgin mobile phone suddenly stopped working just after the payment was made. Have a PayLo plan.  Told that there is not new phone for this plan.  Now I am seeing that it is probably not the phone that has stopped working, but Virgin Mobile discontinued my service without notice after I just made my auto payment.

I have had this phone for years.  Simple use for just making calls. For my Mom who cannot use a smart phone.

Whiz Kid

It is true. I bought an Lg phone from wal-mart and had unlimited everything but when i lost my job i could no longer afford it so i changed my virgin mobile plan to the $20 plan which includes unlimited talk and 500 text a month with no data. Only good if phone was bought at Wal-mart.
Whiz Kid

From my go around with them regarding a new phone( they were only showing 1 phone and it was constantly out of stock). They will only offer android phones that are not compatible with paylo.  I use my phone only for emergencies or when away from home, I don't need a traveling computer.  Any balance you have is NOT refundable.

Whiz Kid

I am in the same boat and have called customer service at least 4 times about it. I too am carrying a high balance and they keep taking out money every 90 days on a phone which hasn't worked in over 3 months... and according to them, they don't stock any phones on the pay-lo plan that I could buy. They keep telling me they will update the tower in my area, that I will have service in 2-3 days. Today is the 3rd time they've promised this. My phone still is not getting service after the 2-3 days (twice). I'm not hopeful that the third time will be the charm. They are happy to sell me a phone on the more expensive plan though. I rarely use my phone and don't want or need another plan. I use it for emergencies only. I am ready to turn this over to the Better Business Bureau. They are obviously scamming their loyal customers and expect us to kiss almost $400 balances goodbye if we don't upgrade to a higher costing plan!!!!

Agent

So sorry about the trouble, @2VALLIGIRL! Let’s check this thing out. Can you please shoot us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account? 

Note: To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Whiz Kid

I too am in need of new phone and am on the old paylo plan.  Customer service said they are not selling them and directed me to Walmart or Target who are also no longer selling them.  Where can I ger a phone that works on my plan?