Virgin Mobile

PayLo plan and phones

SOLVED
Agent

Re: PayLo plan and phones

Hi, @frustratedtoo. Unfortunately, we no longer offer payLo devices for sale on virginmobileusa.com, but you can upgrade to a smartphone on a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan. 

Whiz Kid

Didn't really get an answer to my question.  I asked where I can find a phone that works on my plan.  What Virgin Mobile is doing should be illegal.  They didn't have any problem taking my money for so many years.  Now they just want me to foget about the $400. in my account.  If I do get another phone/ plan it won't be with them.  I'm sure there are other companies who would actually like the business.  What goes around comes around my friend.

Agent

We understand your concern. But, payLo devices are no longer being sold on the web or in stores. There may be some National Retailers or Dealers that still have payLo inventory and sell it.

Whiz Kid

I too have the same situation a virgin mobile usa paylo plan active for years on samsung m270 (entro flip).

several calls to vmu but told new order replacement phone will be 19.99 , no problem with price point if it works but it is to be Alcatel Onetouch Speakeasy which is said to work with PayLo.   I was told call back 1week later,  Monday as currently out of stock . here it is 1 week later and same story no phones still out of stock. New concern is reports above saying even new alcatel phones won't work with paylo... what gives ... explain please.

signed longtime paylo customer with big credit balance... I have no interest in anything but making and receiving calls.

Reset by agent just produces another Service is not available error 06-07-5000. HELP PLEASE!

Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, @db2db2! Unfortunately, we no longer sale PayLo phones. To further assist you, can you please provide us details of the issue that you're experiencing with your device?

Whiz Kid

i lost my alcatel onetouch paylo phone; can you replace the phone i lost with a brand new phone; please contact

Agent

Hi there, @brayjeffrey! Sorry to hear you lost your phone. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. so we can further assist you with this. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

Whiz Kid

I also have a paylo phone--have had the plan several years so am grandfathered into the $20 every 90 days.  Virgin Mobile does NOT have these phones anymore & the don't have any idea if they will have anymore.

I was told I would have to locate a Paylo or Alcatel phone myself.  I live in Omaha Ne & Best Buy does NOT have these phones anymore.  Can't find anyplace to get another one.  Per Virgin Mobile--no other phones will work on my 90 day plan---THIS IS A RIPOFF!!!!!!!   because they are trying to get rid of the 90 day plans.!!!!!

I have very little usage on my phone--it is an emergency phone ONLY!  I refuse to pay $30 - $50 per month for something I seldom use.  So--I will be limping along on the current phone--it now shows that I am on ROAMING ALL THE TIME---neat way to charge me more Virgin Mobile!!!!!

Online at Virgin there is a LG Tribute Dynasty listed currently at $49.99--but was told by rep that phone does NOT work with my account either.   THIS IS A RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent

Hey there, matze17! We are sorry for the inconvenience. Have you checked if Walmart has any PayLo phone available? 

Whiz Kid

I have $108 credit built up in the "PayLo" or "Pay As You Go" Talk Plan (they use both terms) on a Samsung Montage phone. I rarely use the phone and got it for emergencies, so I did not choose to accrue that large of a credit. Instead, you are required to buy a top-up card every 90 days, whether you still have credit available or not - clearly one of many customer-unfriendly Virgin Mobile policies! The phone has also been a dissappointment - it has often failed to work when I've needed it the most. I drove 750 miles on a trip, and for almost 600 miles it didn't have a signal - and the frustrating thing is, it still gives you a dial tone, so I'd dial the long distance #, before I'd then hear the message that it was out of range. The battery sucked too - got to the point where it wouldn't hold a charge more than 20 min., so unless I had it plugged in, I couldn't receive a mobile call!!! NOW, I've lost the phone, and to be told that: 1: I cannot receive a refund of my built up credit, and 2: I also can't get a new phone and continue with the PayLo Plan. Finally, when asking the Customer Service Representative (Michael - Ext ID 884434) questions, it was quite difficult - like I was a parent of a disruptive, challenging child who refused to listen, didn't want to have to think any more than the minimum to get through the call. Why? Yeah, I knew I likely wouldn't be happy with the facts, but if I could just get them without asking over and over, working to explain myself, it could have been a shorter, more business like call. I'm just a bit above the poverty scale, but I just want to throw away MY $108 that Virgin Mobile won't release, and shop elsewhere after this experience. The End!