Virgin Mobile

PayLo plan and phones

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: PayLo plan and phones

Hi Pentiuman,

I think that you are in a better situation than most people that have posted on this thread. First, you  phone still works. The battery needs replacement because they do not last forever. You can get a new battery replacement on ebay for under $10 with free shipping. Second, Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network, which is sparse in particular areas in the US. I am in California and I have bad reception at my house and there is no reception for much of California north of San Francisco. I knew this was the situation when I purchased the phone years ago.

Whiz Kid

Re: PayLo plan and phones

And now Virgin has given the boot to all PayLo users using legacy equipment, apparently effective this month. I am surprised that they are this brazen and this irresponsible. I requested a refund of my $180-odd dollars in pre-paid credit, and they have not complied. My plan will be to take this matter toward a class action suit, and, separately, refer documentation to the Office of the State Attorney General of New York. Virgin appears to think they can swindle with impunity the elderly, the working poor, fixed-income users, and other vulnerable populations, because PayLo users have no recourse. Virgin is in for a costly and well-publicized lesson in customer relations.