Virgin Mobile

Phones that work with Assurance Wireless - need definitive and specific answer please?

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Phones that work with Assurance Wireless - need definitive and specific answer please?

I need to confirm that ZTE Tempo X will work with my AW account?  I have gotten mixed answers, so before I spend money on upgrading and/or get sent a phone I cannot use, I want a definitive answer please??? 

According to posts (Assurance Wireless' posts, not just other members) on their Facebook page
(https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless/posts/1796122783769105?comme
nt_id=1874855222562527&notif_id=1519358327570697&notif_t=feed_comment_re
ply&ref=notif),
their website (http://assurancewireless.virginmobileusa.com/userguides/),
and their own customer service reps have stated/shown these phones ARE
available to use on Assurance Wireless... so why when I ask to be upgraded to it I am now told the Tempo X won't work and the only one that does work with my AW is a lesser quality, poorly rated Unimax (and potentially dangerous as I've read several complaints about them getting overheated and 'melting' down)?

I am an older disabled senior, and  find my needs have changed so that I cannot use my old (current) Alcatel OneTouch Cinch phone and need a bigger, more user-friendly phone (such as the Tempo X affords) that also has data/streaming capability.

Facebook page states they do,  and their website states they do.  Tried to get help via email (I am speech impaired and can't call them) but get conflicting answers.  

Please do not suggest or ask me to call - I cannot.  If a bonafide AW support person from this forum is not able to answer questions on here specifically, please escalate my request to somone who can.

Thank you in advance for a prompt and specific answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Phones that work with Assurance Wireless - need definitive and specific answer please?

Hey there, CinDee! Unfortunately, the ZTE Tempo X is not compatible with Assurance Wireless, unless it is sent to you directly by customer service (if available). Assurance Wireless service is not compatible with any unlocked phones, and other than the phones sent directly when you are approved (or when you call to purchase one), the only devices that can be activated are certain retired Virgin Mobile PayLo phones (which are not smartphones). If you purchase a ZTE Tempo X other than from Assurance Wireless directly, it will not work. The phones shown on the user guides website (http://assurancewireless.virginmobileusa.com/userguides/) are there because they have been sent in the past and users can find instructions on the functions of those phones through there, but it does not mean that the phones will be available at all times or that those models can be activated from other sources. You are free to call customer service at 888-321-5880 to confirm the available android models for sale.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Agent

Re: Phones that work with Assurance Wireless - need definitive and specific answer please?

Hey there, CinDee! Unfortunately, the ZTE Tempo X is not compatible with Assurance Wireless, unless it is sent to you directly by customer service (if available). Assurance Wireless service is not compatible with any unlocked phones, and other than the phones sent directly when you are approved (or when you call to purchase one), the only devices that can be activated are certain retired Virgin Mobile PayLo phones (which are not smartphones). If you purchase a ZTE Tempo X other than from Assurance Wireless directly, it will not work. The phones shown on the user guides website (http://assurancewireless.virginmobileusa.com/userguides/) are there because they have been sent in the past and users can find instructions on the functions of those phones through there, but it does not mean that the phones will be available at all times or that those models can be activated from other sources. You are free to call customer service at 888-321-5880 to confirm the available android models for sale.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Did you not read the consumer's post?  He is hearing impaired.  He can not call.  You all read as well as you listen when we get you on the phone.  No wonder you fight us about getting our account numbers.  Bad service!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Too bad Assurance Wireless wasn't this forthcoming with info on the subject on their website and other public sources.  I don't understand why they feel the phones they supply and/or that works needs to be kept such a secret?  I did go ahead and upgrade to the lesser phone as the Alcatel I had I could not use.  :-(

Now it seems they (AW) are using "bait and switch" tactics, not only for the phone, but the PLAN as well - despite what their public sources state (Facebook, their website, their emails from customer services [before you change your plan, anyway])!!  I say this because I am now told (today) that my new upgraded plan will not be the same as I was QUOTED originally - it mysteriously changed!!  It went from a customer rep telling me about my new plan (on Friday, 02-23-18): "In addition, changing to an Android requires a plan change, your new plan will be: 350 minutes, unlimited text and 1 GB data. You can keep the same phone number.", and this is what it shows on their website and other public sources.  But now this morning (Monday, 02-26-18), it has changed apparently because I was sent an email that states:  "Please be reminded that changing to an Android requires a plan change, your new plan will be: 350 minutes, unlimited text and 500 MB data.".   And the crazy thing about this is... that both of these emails are in the same email that shows all the back & forth of what was said and by whom for the last several days (me trying to get specific answers… and getting ambiguous and/or inaccurate replies back).  So, somebody either doesn't know what they're talking about, they are lying, or they're purposely messing with us (the customers).  

What is wrong with this picture?  I almost feel like I'm being scammed - and it's a bad feeling.  I hope someone has an answer, because something is just not right.

Agent

Hi there, @CinDee! We recommend contacting Assurance Wireless for assistance.

Enthusiast

Hi there Lawrence.  I actually have contacted Assurance Wireless via email (if you'll read my prior notes, I am speech impaired), plus I've contacted them on their Facebook page (useless, as they tell me I need to call because "Due to current regulations, we're unable to discuss your private account information through this channel. We can only assist you over the phone.").  Besides, nobody ever has the correct answer twice.  I don't know why you have these Forums or other public resources for your customers if you can't actually help without telling people to Call.  Sad, and in this age of technology, not acceptable... especially for handicapped/disabled people.  Which given what you're about (free services to low income and disabled people), I would think you'd be more on top of the communications technology and take advantage of that when dealing with the handicapped.  Still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to do a "bait and switch" with me (and who knows how many others are affected by this) now on my plan does it?  :-(  

Whiz Kid

This is frustrating and infuriating.  I, too, have checked the website and it specifically gives ZTE Tempo X as one of the compatible phones!  It makes absolutely no mention of having to have the company send the phone.  And, I tried using the customer service number to find out which phones can be used, but there is no person to speak to and no 'Press number....'  to address this issue.  I've called 3 times and tried 3 different number choices and still can't get any help.

My son (disabled) wants a phone upgrade for his birthday and I can't seem to find out what I can get him to use.

Whiz Kid

This thread shows that the issue was resolved. I don't see that it was. The op was just given the run around. I too am looking for a different phone to use instead of the piece of crap i was given by assurance wireless. This is the second phone i have been given. Half the time when i get a c all, it does not go through. My phone does not ring, and it does not even show i got a call. It goes to my voicemail. When it does ring, I have a difficult time answering, and most of the time can't answer before it goes to voicemail becauase the phone itself, wont allow me to answer the call. When i am talking to someone on the phone, my phone will put them on hold and start dialing random numbers from my contact list. I am aready to throw this phone away and pay for a plan where i can at least get help, or a new phone if the phone i have is junk, like these phones are.

Agent

Hi there ashen2oran. Thanks for your post. But you may need to reach out to Assurance Wireless for assistance. 

Enthusiast

I ordered the coolpad snap phone and it's a flip phone will this work on the assurance wireless network