Virgin Mobile

Swap Phones

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Swap Phones

Hi, crematoryfire. We'd be happy to help you. Is it a Virgin Mobile device?

Enthusiast

I need help. Recently swapped Iphones and New Iphone says SIM Card is locked. Can you help me unlock it?

Agent

Hi there, @joseguardado47! Thank you for contacting us. Definitely want to help you with this. Are you using the SIM card that came with the phone?

Enthusiast

I’m having a similar problem. I want to switch from my old iPhone to an unlocked iPhone XR but I can’t activate my new phone
Agent

Hello Spkatph. Unfortunately, it is not possible to activate an unlocked phone on an existing account. You won't be able to swap into the new unlocked iPhone. The Bring Your Own iPhone program is only available for new activations. You can find details here

Enthusiast

Is there a way I could get a new sim for my phone I would hate to have to change my existing plan. I’m an inner circle member if it helps.
Agent

No. If the phone is unlocked, you won't be able to activate it with your existing plan. 

tug
Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem.  I can not activate/swap phone.

Agent

Hey there, tug. Was the phone purchased on our website?

Enthusiast

I'm using the same SIM card which is on my IPhone 5s. Switching it over to my New IPhone XR. I tried purchasing from your website but it says sold out for over the last 3 months. How can I get my IPhone to work? Can I get a new SIM card?