Virgin Mobile

Swap Phones

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Swap Phones

Did your iPhone XR came without a SIM card? Where did you purchase the iPhone XR? 

Enthusiast

I am having the same issue! I am trying to swap my phone to my new iphone 8+ and every time I go to activiate it either loads forever and never goes to the next scren OR it goes to Phone Plans and nothing loads and I can't click Next. I have been trying to activate it since yesterday. 

Agent

Hi, Cd10. Let's do some investigating. Is it an unlocked iPhone 8+? 

Enthusiast

No it is not an unlocked phone i just bought it from virgin mobile.

Agent

Thanks. To assist you further, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI, and the SIM card number.

Agent

The phone swap was completed. Please turn off both phones and turn the new phone back on. 

Enthusiast

I have turned off both phones , then turned on new phone. it is not activated with my number. when I checked the activation it said it does not recognize the ID. have I missed something or done something wrong?

Agent

Hi there, @moejila59! Please, follow the next steps:

1. On the Idle screen, select Menu/OK > Settings . 
2. Scroll down and select Others .> Data Settings . 
3. Select Update Data Profile . 

Enthusiast

the new phone does not have "menu" it has messaging in the lower left corner and contacts in the lower right. the old phone had menu

Agent

We're sorry for this hassle. We'll continue to assist you via private message. Thanks.