Virgin Mobile

Swapped to an old phone but can't make or receive calls or texts

Whiz Kid

Swapped to an old phone but can't make or receive calls or texts

I swapped from my Motorola E5 plus because the touch screen was unresponsive to my brother's old VMU LG X Power. I swapped SIM cards and tried to activate the phone. Now the LG shows up as my phone when I log into the account, but when I go to check the activation status, it gives me the message "The Device ID or Account PIN you entered is not recognized. Please re-enter your information and try again." I know my pin is correct because it allows me to log in otherwise. On my phone's about info in the settings app it says that my number is 000-000-1455, which is simply not my number. I would try to call to resolve this but my phone tells me that the number I have dialed is incorrect. I have tried every solution I could find on these forums and on other websites, but nothing works.

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Swapped to an old phone but can't make or receive calls or texts

Hi there, @witlessbox. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that our network is CDMA, not GSM. So you can't swap phones by just swapping SIM cards. The SIM cards are only used so you can connect to the LTE network and each SIM card is attached to one phone. 

Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and DEC of the phone that you want to activate so we can help you activate the phone.